When Was The Last City Game You Went To?

This for me too though was Leicester away for me.
Was booked for Burnley home then Madrid after. Was due to finish big work course & at the time was furious & felt personally slighted to be deprived of my reward for a lot of hard graft...
Now I'm going to go on a bit for too long.....
Apologies if, as I'm sure, my thoughts have been put on here more eloquently & intelligently plus opposing views & counter points.
I love this forum for it's differing viewpoints & eloquence causing me to frequently reconsider or to see another perspective as valid even if I still hold my opinion.
Once I'd got over my personal indignation about my much anticipated match day plans & seen the bigger picture I saw that halting the football was the right thing.
Recently i think I'm not alone in really missing proper match days, particularly since a vaccine seems tangibly close & optimistic things could be back to normal for 21-21.
Interim I think the way the game has been used to bail out the media parasites is shameful. A situation where friendlies could have been played while regular football was suspended, as was in WWII would have been better IMO.
The current 'season' has about as much relevance as a pre season tournament in Malaysia (for example) & my assertion is those engaged by this bizzare & disconnected football & sport I general don't go to matches regularly if at all.
My worry is sky/bt see this hegemony over scheduling as their right & entitlement, that football without those attending as primary us fine as they perceive they will simply provide their homogenised sanitised product instead will allow them to continue to dictate.
Football doesn't count unless supporters can be there; on the attending supporters terms & with reasonable scheduling & pricing to reflect this.
Anyway, love & best wishes to all, hope we can enjoy following our team home & away around the country & abroad some time soon.
Cheers.

Good post mate

Funny enough we booked for the Burnley and RM games ;) and was so looking forward to our last game we had booked to say thanks to Merlin.

Brighton. Sunshine and champions. Vinny got cheered by the home crowd and people were singing on the seafront afterwards. Didn't get back over at all last season and Lord knows when I will again.

Can’t believe it’s been a full year since I last went to the Etihad. I’m really hoping we’ll return by the spring

This for me too though was Leicester away for me.
Was booked for Burnley home then Madrid after. Was due to finish big work course & at the time was furious & felt personally slighted to be deprived of my reward for a lot of hard graft...
Now I'm going to go on a bit for too long.....
Apologies if, as I'm sure, my thoughts have been put on here more eloquently & intelligently plus opposing views & counter points.
I love this forum for it's differing viewpoints & eloquence causing me to frequently reconsider or to see another perspective as valid even if I still hold my opinion.
Once I'd got over my personal indignation about my much anticipated match day plans & seen the bigger picture I saw that halting the football was the right thing.
Recently i think I'm not alone in really missing proper match days, particularly since a vaccine seems tangibly close & optimistic things could be back to normal for 21-21.
Interim I think the way the game has been used to bail out the media parasites is shameful. A situation where friendlies could have been played while regular football was suspended, as was in WWII would have been better IMO.
The current 'season' has about as much relevance as a pre season tournament in Malaysia (for example) & my assertion is those engaged by this bizzare & disconnected football & sport I general don't go to matches regularly if at all.
My worry is sky/bt see this hegemony over scheduling as their right & entitlement, that football without those attending as primary us fine as they perceive they will simply provide their homogenised sanitised product instead will allow them to continue to dictate.
Football doesn't count unless supporters can be there; on the attending supporters terms & with reasonable scheduling & pricing to reflect this.
Anyway, love & best wishes to all, hope we can enjoy following our team home & away around the country & abroad some time soon.
Cheers.
A very good insightful post. Looking at the forum for favourite City player, some mention Peter Doherty. Can not find any footage online to see how good he was which is a shame. The funny thing is that you mentioned WW2.Apparently he guested for Utd. and Liverpool amongst others in the war years. Hard to imagine that now and wouldnt be my cup of tea in this era.Aguero guesting for Utd. would never happen and rightly so. Different times. The Mrs. is from Derry and a Doherty, but not related sadly. PS Utd semi and Villa final for me !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.