which city game do you most regret missing?

Newcastle in 1968,i was taking an exam at the institute of Science and Technology on Sackville street.

The 6-1

Had the opportunity to get a ticket, applied through the OSC but decided to give up the ticket to let some other members go.

The problem was - The guy sold his ticket for a profit and didn't go himself, but meh watched the game with 60+ other blues with decent atmosphere so :D

Spurs 3 City 4 - FA Cup game at WHL. Only game I missed that season, was away working in Germany. Watched at my mates house (he's got Sky over there), was feeling all smug with myself at half time (good one to miss and all that) and didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the final whistle. Was gutted not to be there, needless to say I was at the Sty in the next round when we went out.

6-1 at the rags has got to be my number 1 choice and if was alive back in 68 then newcastle when we won the league, heres hoping we will all have that feeling come the 13th

Huddersfield 10-1, we stayed in the pub having convinced ourselves it was gonna be a shit game. We had even ordered the taxi from the Legh Arms on Ashton old road and sent it away to continue to play pool.

Since I starting going regularly home and away over 20 years ago, the main one is the 4-3 cup win at Tottenham.

As daft as it sounds, the 8-1 defeat at Middlesbrough is one I wish I'd attended.

Also Hamburg at home in the UEFA Cup - I went to the away leg but the other half had booked me a trip to Amsterdam as a birthday present a few months before and it clashed with the home leg.

When I was 15, got offered a ticket for the 1981 cup final replay, told my mate nah I'll go next time we get there, what a long wait that was

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.