Which NFL team to support?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/9187202/Saracens-lock-Haydn-Smith-lands-dream-move-to-National-Football-League.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... eague.html</a>

I'm a Jets fan and not sure what to expect for the coming season, they are like City of the 80's and also won fuck all since 69

:)

TFC said:
Frank the Yank said:
There is a guy trying to make it with the Jets right now that used to play for Saracens. Not into rugby but I guess Saracens are a big club in the rugby world. Are they??

Yep :)

Whos the lad in question?

Name is Hayden Smith. If you google "rugby player new york jets" some articles come up about him. He is 6 6 255 lbs and he is trying to make it as a tight end (receiver). Thats a decent size for one. He grew up in Oz and played rugby in the World Cup for the USA. Will keep an eye on him but he seems like a longshot. He will have a much better chance if he can do well on special teams. He would be back up at best as the Jets already have a very good starting tight end. Hope he makes it......

Anyone who follows rugby ever heard of him? Was he any good?

candidme said:
Andouble said:
jay_mcfc said:
In a word, Cleveland WILL finish bottom of their table next year. It would be an absolute miracle if they don't.

wrong. Every year in the NFL a handful of teams make the playoffs that were absolute wank the season before. It doesn't take a whole lot to turn a bad team into a playoff team.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to agree with Jay here. The Browns are my second team (born and bred Saints fan) but there's no way they can go anywhere but down. They're in the toughest division to play in, sure the Ravens are in a bit of a downspiral nowadays, but even that won't help them I don't think. The Browns amusingly enough has the hardest strength of schedule for a non-playoff qualifing team. They'll be lucky to get off the bottom ring. To be optomistic though, we did draft Brandon Weeden and Trent Richardson two top guys in their position (Quarterback and Runnerback respectively) although there's a slight problem with Weeden I've been hearing. (Not to mention he's a 28 yr old quarterback that so far has only played in college league).

If you want a team that is like City that are going up, I don't know if I would choose the Browns. Although they do have loads of loyal fans, a lot of their games gets blackout due to low attendance. But anyways here's something that might remind you of City before they start winning (they have a very black humor!):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8[/youtube]

But yes on-topic, I think really any team is good as long as you don't go for the big ones, namely: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Green Bay Packers. I would throw a pitch for you to support the New Orleans Saints. Because pre-2009 we were pretty dire, but we've been successful the last few years! Although that might change with Bountygate...

That video is absolutely brilliant! As for the Browns, they are screwed. The Ravens, Steelers and a Bengals team that have just had the best draft of any team (as well as having an excellent one last season). I'm sorry but there is no way any chance the Browns finish anywhere other than last in that division. My dark horse for the SB are the Bengals though.

jay_mcfc said:
candidme said:
Andouble said:
wrong. Every year in the NFL a handful of teams make the playoffs that were absolute wank the season before. It doesn't take a whole lot to turn a bad team into a playoff team.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to agree with Jay here. The Browns are my second team (born and bred Saints fan) but there's no way they can go anywhere but down. They're in the toughest division to play in, sure the Ravens are in a bit of a downspiral nowadays, but even that won't help them I don't think. The Browns amusingly enough has the hardest strength of schedule for a non-playoff qualifing team. They'll be lucky to get off the bottom ring. To be optomistic though, we did draft Brandon Weeden and Trent Richardson two top guys in their position (Quarterback and Runnerback respectively) although there's a slight problem with Weeden I've been hearing. (Not to mention he's a 28 yr old quarterback that so far has only played in college league).

If you want a team that is like City that are going up, I don't know if I would choose the Browns. Although they do have loads of loyal fans, a lot of their games gets blackout due to low attendance. But anyways here's something that might remind you of City before they start winning (they have a very black humor!):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8[/youtube]

But yes on-topic, I think really any team is good as long as you don't go for the big ones, namely: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Green Bay Packers. I would throw a pitch for you to support the New Orleans Saints. Because pre-2009 we were pretty dire, but we've been successful the last few years! Although that might change with Bountygate...

That video is absolutely brilliant! As for the Browns, they are screwed. The Ravens, Steelers and a Bengals team that have just had the best draft of any team (as well as having an excellent one last season). I'm sorry but there is no way any chance the Browns finish anywhere other than last in that division. My dark horse for the SB are the Bengals though.

I do like the Bengals. I think Andy Dalton is pure class. Imo, he pulled the Bengals out of their slump. Yeah, when I saw what the Browns' schedule was this year, I kind of gave up all hope at winning even 3rd. But I'm hoping we win at least a few games this year. I wouldn't go as far to say that the Bengals will go to the SB, I'll peg them for playoffs. For some reason that I can't articulate, I have a big hunch that the Texans will surprise a lot of these people this year even more than they did last year, and be the dark horse a lot of people didn't see coming.

Yeah the comedian in that clip is a die-hard Browns fan and a lot of his videos are hilarious. If the OP still haven't figured out a team to support here is another clip to maybe convince him?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b14M_JBKY38&feature=related[/youtube]
Kind of like the rivalry between City and Man U huh? And doesn't it sound like the life of a Blue before the Sheikh came?

And also, opponents diving and refs giving horrible decisions are also a part of the Brown's history. (Browns are white and orange, Bengals are black and orange.)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQGIAZsxtC0[/youtube]

Have I convince you to be a Browns fan yet? ;)

TFC said:
Rex Ryan is too much of a gobshite though, reminds me of Ferguson.

Very true. He may well learn his lesson or next time, though.

Let's go get a fucking snack.

Detroit Lions - almost City colours and I absolutely loved the video where Stafford was mic'ed up. Plus Megatron.

Used to love Seattle Seahawks. They've never won owt but they always did crazy things.
They once left a guy out of the huddle and he just stood on the side of the pitch. Consequently nobody marked him. They snapped the ball, he legged it down the wing, caught the ball and scored. Feckin' brilliant.

Unfortunately, the refs pulled them up for ungentlemanly conduct and disallowed it. Then it was outlawed shortly after.
Best thing I ever saw on a 'football' pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.