Who is of an age where, 'real chips' were just, chips?

Never failed to over order when bladdered. That nagging feeling, “will this be enough. Nope, I’d better order a spring roll as well. And a sausage. And a scallop. And then leaning over the counter to triple-ensure the poor fucker serving wasn’t scrimping on the chips. Large curry sauce. Large peas. And a bottle of Limeade please."

I forgot about the hanging over the counter growling that five less Chips will leave you starving as the kebab, chicken pakora and fish supper with six pickled onions won't do it.

I've woke up sitting on a starbar which I bought as a desert. The **** must have rubbed his hands together every time he saw me meander in.

Never learned though. Same every fucking time. :)

The chip pan was always kept in the oven and the chip basket was embedded into a big slab of lard (Sometimes it was weeks old and had crispy chip bits in it) the pan lard had to be melted before you could fry a chip in it. Stabbing it with a knife or jiggling it about seemed to help it happen quicker.

Sadly, my wife has banned the chip pan from our house. Watching that slab of fat melt used to be my only enjoyment as a kid.
My Dad burned our kitchen down, twice, with the chip pan.

"Hand prepared" is another one, as in my hand picked them up and prepared them at great speed into the microwave. "Hand finished" means I bunged them in the fryer as per and then pre-salted these chips to within an inch of their life for you in hope that you'll buy more drinks. "Hand cooked" eh? Well, unless you're going to come to my table, hold your hand out, and cook that steak in your open palm with just pure jedi willpower alone, then you can piss right off with your ridiculous claims and reduce your prices by 30%.

And for the love of Christ why does ever place want to sell things in brioche buns nowadays? Soft white or seeded did the job, now we have to be forced down this sugary, glazed sweet-bun route, they are even bloody liquid repellent so no chance of soaking up a bit of sauce or juice. Nudge nudge.

A disturbing amount of drinks and desserts also labelled as 'chocolate flavored' or similar, basically because they don't have chocolate in, just made to taste like they do.

I forgot about the hanging over the counter growling that five less Chips will leave you starving as the kebab, chicken pakora and fish supper with six pickled onions won't do it.

I've woke up sitting on a deep fried mars bar which I bought as a desert. The **** must have rubbed his hands together every time he saw me meander in.

Never learned though. Same every fucking time. :)
Fixed for ya.

Coming home from playing out with my dinner waiting for me in the oven covered with two plates. Chips rock hard chips and eggs made out of rubber. Great stuff thanks mum :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.