Who is the best City goalkeeper in history?

Big Joe Corrigan was the best i have seen his dedication to become a first class keeper was admirable , Joe Hart is a very close second but unusually keepers are supposed to get better with age , but i think Joe hart form 3 or 4 seasons ago was a better player than he is now.

I never saw Bert but my dad said he could be excellent on his day (which apparently wasn’t all the time).
I admire Joe Corrigan so much.
For a period of time he was a figure of fun - and maybe in today’s relentless 24 hour media age he wouldn’t have survived the abuse (God know how many pages his thread would have on here).
He worked hard, he slimmed down and he became a fantastic keeper who would have got many more England caps but for the excellence of Shilton and Clemence.
About 3 years ago I would have had Hart slightly ahead of him but it’s pretty close.

I’m really impressed with Ederson and he seems to be getting more confident each day. However it’s laughable for now to suggest he’s a better keeper than either of the Joes. Maybe he can become that but he’s going to be tested in ways that he hasn’t been yet and then we will find out.

My favourite was big Joe Corrigan, then Joe Hart. I am very exited about Eddie though. He has 5 clean sheets in 7 appearances which is an amazing ratio of 0.71. The best clean sheet/appearance ratio in the PL is 0.47 held by Petr Čech and Pepe Reina. Eddie would need 22 this season to break the PL record and clean sheets in the next two PL games to match Joes best of 6. Very early days and too few appearances to make conclusive judgement but what a start to his City career!

Big Joe Corrigan is the best keeper I have seen play for us in my 50 years of watching the Blues - and by some distance. From extremely shaky beginnings his first season or two he silenced his doubters - including me - and consistently demonstrated his excellent shot stopping, command of his penalty area and was totally fearless. Not sure how he and the others would have coped with the passing it out from the back though lol.

Back in Corrigans days goalkeepers used to try and catch the ball and it was like a sloppy cannonball, punching the ball wasn't the thing to do then. Punching it out was classed as the continental way in them days it must have been hard work with muddy pitches aswel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.