Who is the player you have been most gutted about leaving city?

I started going just after we sold Rodney Marsh, so the first star player whom I can remember leaving was Dennis Tueart. That was a big disappointment because he was a huge favourite and still at his peak. Meanwhile, Allison selling not only the oft-mentioned Barnes and Owen but also Hartford and Watson in the summer of 1979 came as a shock. All four of those players were great favourites and should have stayed.

However, the one that stands out for me is Trevor Francis in 1982. When he was sold after being used in local media to sell season tickets, it seemed to signal that we were no longer able to compete with the top clubs (before then, you always felt that we had that ambition). And unfortunately that analysis proved to be correct. I was absolutely gutted.

Couldn't agree more, Trevor Francis all day long

Paul Moulden

After all those years of expectation following him in the youth team and reserves

What a waste.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.