• Mark Lawrenson

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • Andy Gray

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Paul Merson

Votes: 75 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Merson. I can put up with brainless footballers earning loads, but when they become even more brainless pundits that takes the piss.

I would like to see more of Peter Beagrie, he talks sense in a coherent way unlike most of the wankers on Sky.

Platt is awful too, he hates us and it shows.

1 Green-odious toad.
2 Platt-smug rag loving tool.
3 Merson-degenerate crackhead.

Alan Green

I like Paul Merson because he's really funny. Quite like Phil Thompson as well. I can relate to him because he's so obviously a fan of his club.

1. Alan Green
2. David Platt
3. Garth Crooks.

No explanation required for anyone with more than two brain cells.

The prize for stating the bleeding obvious has to go to Ray Wilkins for this little nugget, back in the days when Channel 4 broadcast Italian football:

Somebody (sorry, I can't even remember who was playing, let alone the player) went down injured after a very, very high tackle. It was the typical, clichéd Latin histrionics thing with the guy rolling about and clutching himself. The commentator was rightly aghast at the nature of the challenge and wondered to his co-commentator if the player was seriously hurt. Cue Butch Wilkins in his usual laboured and monotonous drawl... "That's his shoulder, he's holding; that is."

Anyway, my vote has to go to Jamie Redknapp - some of the others mentioned in this thread might p*ss you off - but at least they manage to motivate the viewer/listener. Redknapp is just woeful. Has he ever said anything of consequence or with even a hint of controversy... ever?

Runners up would have to be Mark - right now I'm on the BBC and English but in half an hour, I'll be on Irish radio, so it's all change again - Lawrenson.
And, of course, Merson - if the guy was half as funny and half the charming rogue that he thinks he is, he'd nearly be likeable. But he's not. He's just a raw-mouthed idiot.

Best is Souness - but only when he's on RTE, where he's allowed to speak his mind. He's a different man on SKY.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.