who remmebers city's club call

ancoats

back in th late 80s was working away in london and used it to keep upto date with games and team news was the only thing you could use outside of manchester great days

ancoats said:
back in th late 80s was working away in london and used it to keep upto date with games and team news was the only thing you could use outside of manchester great days

yes mate, living in nottingham it was a must, think i used to listen to games on there at times, remember my old man going fucking mental!!

And the rival phone service, Team Talk.
Both were a complete rip-off, a snail's pace, excessively padded rehash of tabloid gossip at eye-watering premium rates, with huge gaps between the 'stories' and a lengthy intro of music and blarney. Horrendous phone bills and bollockings from my parents as a result.
As addictive as crack cocaine in the days before the Interweb, though

Oh god club call!!!! i'd managed to wipe that addicted crap from my memory!!
Funny tale though -
My mum would limit me to one call a week to clubcall, but on one time that number put me through to a dirty sex line!! I hung up right away (hey, i was a 12 year old girl!!!) but my mum pressed redial later and i got a right slagging off, it took a while for her to believe me - i was really upset my own mum would think i (a 12 year old girl remember!) had called one of those crappy lines that used to be in the back of newspapers!
The things city put me through in the 80s ;)

I suffered my old man's wrath a bit thanks to Clubcall. I thought if I waited on the phone long enough I'd get to speak to one of the players.

There were also them annoying Ceefax and Teletext pages.

''TRANSFER SENSATION'' with a premium rate number to ring.

LongsightM13 said:
And the rival phone service, Team Talk.
Both were a complete rip-off, a snail's pace, excessively padded rehash of tabloid gossip at eye-watering premium rates, with huge gaps between the 'stories' and a lengthy intro of music and blarney. Horrendous phone bills and bollockings from my parents as a result.
As addictive as crack cocaine in the days before the Interweb, though

Used to dial it from work about 3 times a day. Like you say was highly addictive and you had to dial it because you were scared of mising out on something. I used to go on teletext as well and it would always say "brand new signing?" or "star striker set to sign?" with the phone number underneath so you had to dial.

Remember listening to Bradford v city. We won 4-2. A boss at the time was a Bradford fan. We had to work late so I suggested we put that on over the load speaker. He said yes! I didn't tell him it was 60p a minute. Mind you, he never asked!! He nearly got sacked when the phone bill came!! Happy days!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.