Why do we "forget" how to play without Silva?

My main gripe with KDB in games like today, is that I thought we would solve our hopeless lack of shooting from outside the box when we signed him. It was always our downfall v bus parkers under Bob, but KDB has huge talent for striking a ball. Or he did.

David Phillips would have cleaned them up today.

we need another technically beautiful, skillful, creative outlet, like an Isco or someone similar. If we miss that this summer then next season will suffer greatly.

Would bust the bank to get Isco along with 2/3new fullbacks and centre half, Missed a trick letting Nasri go on loan because we bought Gundogen, great player but his recent injury record suggested he was likely to get crocked again. Nasri not my favourite but has the ability to fill the gap when Daves not playing, in reality nobody can fill Silvas boots as probably only a younger Iniesta on the same world class level.

I would say the same for Yaya when he's on top form. For some reason whenever he's not in the starting lineup I feel like we have less control over the result. Both are going to be so difficult to replace.

Gets a bit dull pointing it out but until we get world class full backs, hopefully this summer, then we will always have problems opening teams up when they sit back.

Today was exceptionally irritating watching us continuously try to utilise Navas and Clichy....

This, this, this, this and this!

Critical to the system pep is introducing.

No new full backs this summer and even i lose the plot!

I don't think that it's a case of playing poorly. It's a measure of how much David Silva brings to the team. I've said before on this forum that my heart sinks when the team is announced and Silva is absent. I should imagine that Barca fans feel the same when Messi is not in the starting line up and the Ragamuffins shed many a tear when Phil Beaker is sidelined.

Letting Nasri leave was another big Pep mistake , very underrated player who could dictate games and open up defences and a good replacement when Merlin needed a rest , why we have let talent like Hart Nasri and Roberts go on loan is beyond me , all three could have played a big part this season . Really hope Pep swallows his pride and admits his mistakes or we will be digging deep to the tune of around £250m required to rebuild this squad , any other manager would have been sacked for our performances this season only his reputation has saved him , Bobby and Pellers both had better seasons before they were sacked.

Letting Nasri leave was another big Pep mistake , very underrated player who could dictate games and open up defences and a good replacement when Merlin needed a rest , why we have let talent like Hart Nasri and Roberts go on loan is beyond me , all three could have played a big part this season . Really hope Pep swallows his pride and admits his mistakes or we will be digging deep to the tune of around £250m required to rebuild this squad , any other manager would have been sacked for our performances this season only his reputation has saved him , Bobby and Pellers both had better seasons before they were sacked.
Nasri chose to leave.pep asked him to stay,confirmed by both of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.