Why do we need to work?

Give this man a medal or an alternative send the women out and leave us to watch sport, play computer games and wank
giphy.gif

We need to work so that the elite ruling class can continue ruling the world. What better way to stay on top than to keep your subordinates preoccupied for 50 hours a week content and oblivious? (a touch of tongue in cheek here)
Is that you Jeremy (Diane, if you are one of those weird women creatures)?

What work will there be for humans in 50 years time if the current progress in artificial intelligence and machine learning continues?

Call centres will be replaced with AI within 10 years, farming is becoming automated, which will no doubt speed up with brexit looming, autonomous vehicles will be commonplace in the next 5-10 years, warehousing and delivery will be automatic with very little human intervention, your doctor will be replaced with a phone app. In fact, everywhere you look you can see areas that automated systems will infiltrate and take over. They've even started 3D printing houses ffs!

What work will there be for humans in 50 years time if the current progress in artificial intelligence and machine learning continues?

Call centres will be replaced with AI within 10 years, farming is becoming automated, which will no doubt speed up with brexit looming, autonomous vehicles will be commonplace in the next 5-10 years, warehousing and delivery will be automatic with very little human intervention, your doctor will be replaced with a phone app. In fact, everywhere you look you can see areas that automated systems will infiltrate and take over. They've even started 3D printing houses ffs!

I watched one of the first ideas of 3D printing of houses unfold. At the time I thought it was a non-starter and the dude got the backing off a billionaire, for his vision!!

That's why he's rich now, I guess...

looking after our elderly, educating our kids, policing our streets, supporting our mentally ill, being doctors, research scientists, health and fitness coordinators, dieticians, firemen, search and rescue, farmers, musicisns, midwives, councillors, football coaches, conflict resolution experts, gardeners ... You know.....stuff that actually matters and would genuinely improve society
Pretty sure we have all those people and they get paid to do it.

With current economic and monetary policy the way it is I think it's fair to say that taxation, especially income tax, is more just a method to exert authority and control over the population rather than a necessary and meaningful way of gaining revenue.

With the ridiculously generous benefit system (for those who know how to work it) and the farce that is ''working'' tax credits and child tax credits we're already a long way down the road to a form of Basic Income anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.