Why haven’t Manchester City become the "super club" they should be?

The author seemed more concerned with proving City were not a superclub than explaining WHY they aren't a superclub. For me, the answer to the WHY is extremely complicated, and extremely simple.... That's how football works

You can pick one of a million sports Gael clichés to explain the why, "Money doesn't buy titles" , "the better team doesn't always win", "defense wins championships" etc. It's a huge combination of a million different things. It's not an easy thing to just become a superclub, it takes time and patience, we'll get there eventually.

I understand the sentiment but I wonder (and doubt) this threads existence if we had won the title this year. I expect a few rough calls in a season but they say they level themselves out and this term they have done quite the opposite. The turning point of the campaign was Chelsea at home, win and we go on imo to do what they did, yes Kev should have buried the sitter but there is no way they turn us over a man and a goal down. The game, much like our season was defined by factors we cannot control (I think that's a diplomatic way of putting it)

Missed opportunities. We should have won the FA Cup in 2013, Wigan in the final, no excuses. We also should won the title last season, all our title rivals were poor. I don't think we've underachieved though, since the takeover.

We would all be feeling super if we had won the premier this season, I feel there has been a very poor deliberate succession of decisions where games have been manipulated which we should have been able to overcome and go on to win, for myself I feel scudamore gill and dyke over the past few seasons have had a negative input to the detriment to the ( our ) game

Ffp media referees david Gill all trying to slow us down and stop us. Mainly for me its the negativity in the media towards our club that sets the Narrative for the gullible masses.
This. Negative stories outweigh the positive stores 3-1 most weeks. We simply can't compete with a media that blows smoke up the arses of the Rag's despite their turgid brand of anti-football that they were so vehemently against before Maureen was appointed the new messiah at the Swamp; the BBC Salford Mafia being the worst protagonists.

Don't care about the name : Super, Elite...etc, we are now above the super clubs Liverpool, United & Arsenal.

I know David Gill and others are trying to stop us from growing, but we can't blame anyone but ourselves.

We wasted too much money on average/ Below average players.

Refusing to pay Hazard agent the 6 millions he wanted and then we handed Swansea 6 million to buy Sinclair.

In addition to that, the purchase of ( Demichelles, Maicon, Rodwell, Javi Garcia , Fernando, Bony, Mangala, Bravo )

I think the DOF & scouts of Spurs, Monaco, Juve & even Southampton are doing better than us in terms of Points earned/ Money spent ratio.

Because of when we win the title or a cup and are in a strong position, we buy shit like Rodwell and Garcia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.