Why I'm giving up on football, City and Bluemoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why let the bastards win?

You have valid points but have too much time served to be hounded away by fanboys and in a game we are still winning, despite their best efforts.

You will feel better for stop reading shit about the Club and watching Sky.
That's what I did. Just block, hide, ignore any blatant attempt in the media to destroy my love for the club. Don't let them win.

This is exactly what they want. They have been dragging our name through the mud on a daily basis for years because they are scared shitless that the kids will grow up to be Blues.
They do, they’d be happy to see us go which is so ironic seeing as FFP was allegedly meant to stop clubs disappearing. The most well run club in England, with no debt and probably giving the most back to the community being well and truly shafted at home and in Europe and what irks the most is that there’s absolutely nobody in football except for blues and M Samuel sticking up for us. Given the amount of clubs that will never ever get a look in even if they win the lottery because of the greed of the Sky/super Sunday/big bandwagon jumping glory hunting 4 you’d think we’d have at least a little support from the actual football community.

So this is my last post. 55 years after my first match seeing City. 10 years a season ticket holder 1985 to 1995 until work and family took me too far away. I was there in 2012 and was there for that Tuart goal. Been to many but not all recent cup finals.
I have been vocal about VAR, CAS and FFP.
So, today I have decided I have fallen out of love with this game, the trolls on this forum and the corruption hiding in plain sight both financial and governance. Refereeing and game manipulation and arguing the toss with morons and hypocrites.
My passion has faded with each passing year of vested interest interference, press compliance and journalistic spite.
And, yes, VAR has killed my excitement. Thank God we didn't have to wait for it in 2012. A moment that will never be repeated again in football history.
In truth, this has been coming for a while. I will sign off and find a new passion. City are not to blame. I watched football for the fun and passion. I now know more about global politics, financial compliance and sports governance than I do about our own under 18s. Something has gone drastically wrong with the game.
Our own forum has also become raggish and dipperish, misogynistic and trolled by posters who don't even support the club... And then the fans who love certain players rather than the club. Yes I'm old and I won't be missed but I already feel better letting go. Good luck fighting the good but ultimately doomed battle.
Thanks City for the best and worst times of my life but life is too short.
Similar age similar attitude hanging on by my fingernails darts and lawn bowls looking good options, always love this club but life is running out too spend time with this shit, just wish City would show some balls and fight back but i guess that's why I never did well in business

0053d59e4d5038e48d759210c6dc41b5.jpg

So this is my last post. 55 years after my first match seeing City. 10 years a season ticket holder 1985 to 1995 until work and family took me too far away. I was there in 2012 and was there for that Tuart goal. Been to many but not all recent cup finals.
So, today I have decided I have fallen out of love with this game, the trolls on this forum and the corruption hiding in plain sight both financial and governance. Refereeing and game manipulation and arguing the toss with morons and hypocrites.
My passion has faded with each passing year of vested interest interference, press compliance and journalistic spite.
And, yes, VAR has killed my excitement. Thank God we didn't have to wait for it in 2012. A moment that will never be repeated again in football history.
In truth, this has been coming for a while. I will sign off and find a new passion. City are not to blame. I watched football for the fun and passion. I now know more about global politics, financial compliance and sports governance than I do about our own under 18s. Something has gone drastically wrong with the game.
Our own forum has also become raggish and dipperish, misogynistic and trolled by posters who don't even support the club... And then the fans who love certain players rather than the club. Yes I'm old and I won't be missed but I already feel better letting go. Good luck fighting the good but ultimately doomed battle.
You'll be back when we win the league again.

Long before covid I had been wondering if it was really worth the over 5 hour return journey on the crappiest roads in the country to watch my beloved City. The reason? Every single game has poor officiating playing teams that always park the bus. It is no longer exciting to watch. Sunday will be no different.

A change of Hart and you'll be sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.