Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hgblue said:
Marvin said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Acting like spoilt bastards is just not becoming of any City fan.
Wembley plans and off to see Silva, Tevez and Aguero in an hour. Thanking my lucky stars myself.

Spending Millions doesn't guarantee anything. Man Utd sent decades breaking the transfer record for Bryan Robson etc and they were miles off Liverpool. Ferguson took 6 years with unprecedented money behind him, but Mancini did it straight away

Too much taken for granted

There are two sets of City fans on here and we wind each other up no end. Those who think an FA Cup final represents a good season and we should thank our lucky stars that we're not shit anymore, and those who think surrendering our title by February and underperforming again in Europe represents a shit season for a club aspiring to the top. I'd say as a general rule that the first category will be so called 'Mancini Inners', and the second category will be so called 'Mancini Outers'.

In out, in out, sheikh it all about.

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I feel totally reassured about the failings of this season and the outlook for next season with roberto Mancini's insightful, deep and thoughtful comment;

"It is important that we work 'ard"

I've never heard him make that point in any other interview about anything ever, honestly.

Yes, because thats all he has said about next season too
Well he threw a tiny bit of 'its everyone else's fault' but we are so used to that now its not worthy of comment.

'It is important we work 'ard" is the key message here though. It's a significant and thought provoking message in so many ways, and one I try to take into everyday life. If things are going wrong at home, and my wife is getting stressed, I give her the Mancini; 'It is important that we work 'ard' and we both battle through. At work, you may be behind in a deadline or you've lost a big customer and the message works there as well: 'it is important we work 'ard'.

I think Mancini's Magic Mantra, a one-size-fits-all panacea to the world's ills, could have wider ramifications. I heard city were looking at putting it in Latin on the shirts, and maybe on a sign in the player's tunnel. But I think there could be entire cults, maybe even religions, formed around the sentiment.

Didsbury Dave said:
I feel totally reassured about the failings of this season and the outlook for next season with roberto Mancini's insightful, deep and thoughtful comment;

"It is important that we work 'ard"

I've never heard him make that point in any other interview about anything ever, honestly.

That's one of the problems with trying to assess Mancini, he tells us very little in his interviews. His fan boys latched on to the fact that Mourinho was critical of his players performance, although I didn't hear him name one individually, but I saw no one mention that he also talked about preparation and how the knew Dortmund swung balls in to the second post... Completely different stuff to "this is impossible".

Mancini I hope does the same sort of preparation and makes that level of analysis of his team's performance but it would be nice to hear some of it from him.

And before some lemon weighs in, I am not giving this as a reason to sack; it jus makes it harder to understand him.

grim up north said:
@BluePhil8 said:
This is how I evaluate the current situation.

The current squad is Mancini's. He has bought everyone, except a select few quality players that were here when he arrived. He has spent considerable amounts of money.

The current squad isn't good enough to challenge domestically and in Europe.

Now, it appears we are coming to a summer of restructuring. Do we let Mancini, who has already spent millions buying players who aren't good enough (Nasri, Kolarov, Dzeko, Balotelli, Maicon, Sinclair, Garcia. These players alone cost somewhere close to £113million in transfer fees) have control of the purse strings again?

Personally I would say no. No because he isn't showing any signs of change, he will still be an aggressive manager who will keep attacking players, resulting in the same thing every transfer window.

I have a really bad feeling that you if we keep Mancini, we are going to back him by buying Cavani and another load of stellar names that will just increase the infighting at the club.

In fighting?

Yeah, you know, the constant fighting within the club caused by Mancini.

Publicly stating that Tevez would never play for us again, causing a huge shit-storm when in reality we should have dealt with it all in house.

This season alone he has publicly blamed Hart, Kompany, Nasri and all of our strikers for his failures.

Also you know, actually having a physical altercation with his beloved Balotelli, when he knew there were cameras pointing right at him.

He's also publicly trying to exile Marwood, who i feel sorry for. Mancini gets the credit for signing Aguero, Silva and Yaya yet Marwood is blamed for the signings of Sinclair and the like. Also, Marwood doesn't have the platform to defend himself against these attacks, it isn't like he can call a weekly press conference to defend himself.

So yeah, infighting, whatever you want to call it. (there's more by the way, the majority of these are from this season alone).

I love working 'ard, it makes me feel important ;)

What does this statement say, anybody?

"We are people and we can make mistakes," said the manager. "No one wants to make mistakes but it can happen. It's important that we know last year we didn't work well and I hope that this year we can improve this. We have a good relationship for this. We've talked about the squad all the time that we can talk about the future, the players, but it's important that we work well."

Looks to me like Mancini is saying they know where they went wrong and that they've highlighted areas to put right. Looks like that relationship breakdown that PB talks about isn't that bad afterall. Well, that's a relief.

They're feeeeeling the love.

@BluePhil8 said:
grim up north said:
@BluePhil8 said:
This is how I evaluate the current situation.

The current squad is Mancini's. He has bought everyone, except a select few quality players that were here when he arrived. He has spent considerable amounts of money.

The current squad isn't good enough to challenge domestically and in Europe.

Now, it appears we are coming to a summer of restructuring. Do we let Mancini, who has already spent millions buying players who aren't good enough (Nasri, Kolarov, Dzeko, Balotelli, Maicon, Sinclair, Garcia. These players alone cost somewhere close to £113million in transfer fees) have control of the purse strings again?

Personally I would say no. No because he isn't showing any signs of change, he will still be an aggressive manager who will keep attacking players, resulting in the same thing every transfer window.

I have a really bad feeling that you if we keep Mancini, we are going to back him by buying Cavani and another load of stellar names that will just increase the infighting at the club.

In fighting?

Yeah, you know, the constant fighting within the club caused by Mancini.

Publicly stating that Tevez would never play for us again, causing a huge shit-storm when in reality we should have dealt with it all in house.

This season alone he has publicly blamed Hart, Kompany, Nasri and all of our strikers for his failures.

Also you know, actually having a physical altercation with his beloved Balotelli, when he knew there were cameras pointing right at him.

He's also publicly trying to exile Marwood, who i feel sorry for. Mancini gets the credit for signing Aguero, Silva and Yaya yet Marwood is blamed for the signings of Sinclair and the like. Also, Marwood doesn't have the platform to defend himself against these attacks, it isn't like he can call a weekly press conference to defend himself.

So yeah, infighting, whatever you want to call it. (there's more by the way, the majority of these are from this season alone).

thanks for clearing that up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.