Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this belongs in here or not as it doesn't really say anything about Mancini's future, but I don't really want to start yet another thread about Mancini.

Even Wenger thinks that the points gap is misleading.

Wenger - Points gap can be deceiving

Arsène Wenger believes it can be misleading to judge teams on the gap in points between them.

Newly-crowned champions Manchester United will go into Sunday’s clash at Emirates Stadium at least 13 points clear of their closest rivals Manchester City.

City manager Roberto Mancini claims that the difference in quality between the sides is much closer than the table suggests, and Wenger agrees.

“Man City is for sure a very good side that can compete with Man United,” he said. “They dropped some points this season that were unexpected and Mancini is right on his statement.

“I agree completely with him and we have seen that again when they played against Man United.

“We have a game that is based on collective expression so it's difficult to compare man-to-man. At the moment, we are 20 points behind and that is linked with our bad start to the season but mainly to the fact that against the big clubs, we did not do well.

“Then I can tell you that in Germany, Dortmund are 20 points behind Bayern Munich and they just beat Real Madrid 4-1. The same people that say 'you are 20 points behind' are the same that say Dortmund is the best team in Europe.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-points-gap-can-be-deceiving" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -deceiving</a>

There's not much that comes out of this guy's mouth hole that I agree with, but he hits the nail on the head in the article.

Back on topic: Mancini IN (for another season at least)

Always thought for next season we will only see a change if RM decides he wants to go and gets another job he prefers for personal reasons as much as professional ones.

I realise the pushed rather than jumped catch cries will abound but its RM's call.

Be very surprised if the owners decide to relieve RM of his duties.

"Some saw the arrival of former Barcelona executives Soriano and Begiristain as putting pressure on Mancini.

But he has a better relationship with them than with previous chief exec Garry Cook and football administrator Brian Marwood."

I like that.

Blue Heaven said:
sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
I love all the conflicting stories.

-

Mancini stays
Exclusive
By NEIL CUSTIS
Published: 34 minutes ago

ROBERTO MANCINI will be Manchester City’s manager next season — even if they lose the FA Cup final.

Speculation is rife the Italian could be axed after a disappointing defence of the Premier League title.

But SunSport understands Mancini has the full support of new City chief executive Ferran Soriano and sporting director Txiki Begiristain.

The trio have already been making plans for next season to significantly strengthen the squad in a bid to get the title back from rivals United.

Most importantly, chairman Khaldoon Al Mubaraak still backs the man he chose to replace Mark Hughes in December 2009.

Victory for City against Wigan at Wembley on May 11 would be Mancini’s third trophy in three seasons with two FA Cups and last season’s title.

In the wake of that title triumph last May, Mancini was given a new five-year deal.

Some saw the arrival of former Barcelona executives Soriano and Begiristain as putting pressure on Mancini.

But he has a better relationship with them than with previous chief exec Garry Cook and football administrator Brian Marwood.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4906304/Roberto-Mancini-will-stay-boss-even-if-Man-City-lose-FA-Cup-final.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... final.html</a>

Nice to see a more positive article for once!!

FORZA MANCINI

If it's in The Sun, it is surely true, is it not?

It isn't a negative story.Can't be true then ;)

Pablo1 said:
The cookie monster said:
grim up north said:

I'd trust someone who works in greggs info more than p.b...

I've never known a forum with so many highly placed members - though it doesnt hold much water when all the said highly placed members use guess work within all their posts like the rest of us mere mortals..

If we really had high placed members the real truth about Mancinis future would be out by now...

Blue Heaven said:
sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:

-

Mancini stays
Exclusive
By NEIL CUSTIS

ROBERTO MANCINI will be Manchester City’s manager next season — even if they lose the FA Cup final.

Speculation is rife the Italian could be axed after a disappointing defence of the Premier League title.

But SunSport understands Mancini has the full support of new City chief executive Ferran Soriano and sporting director Txiki Begiristain.

The trio have already been making plans for next season to significantly strengthen the squad in a bid to get the title back from rivals United.

Most importantly, chairman Khaldoon Al Mubaraak still backs the man he chose to replace Mark Hughes in December 2009.

Victory for City against Wigan at Wembley on May 11 would be Mancini’s third trophy in three seasons with two FA Cups and last season’s title.

In the wake of that title triumph last May, Mancini was given a new five-year deal.

Some saw the arrival of former Barcelona executives Soriano and Begiristain as putting pressure on Mancini.

But he has a better relationship with them than with previous chief exec Garry Cook and football administrator Brian Marwood.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4906304/Roberto-Mancini-will-stay-boss-even-if-Man-City-lose-FA-Cup-final.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... final.html</a>

Nice to see a more positive article for once!!

FORZA MANCINI

If it's in The Sun, it is surely true, is it not?

Well the sun says hes staying and the Mirror says hes leaving..

Both shite ragtops but one on this occasion is correct..

But which one ???

Im an inner,so today I'm a sun lover..

LoveCity said:

-

Mancini stays
Exclusive
By NEIL CUSTIS

The fact we're moving heaven and earth to get Cavani tells it's own story, no need to read speculation in the papers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.