Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
The Future's Blue said:
Mancini's staying, isn't he.
Yes. No. Maybe.

On the one hand, his relationship with Begiristain is not good, his family don't want to be here and I believe he himself is convinced he has let the owners down this season. He's also had a coded dig at the Sheikh himself in his frustration at the transfer dealings.

However our owners are honourable people and I think they would be reluctant to sack him without a very real and tangible cause. I still firmly believe he wasn't originally meant to be our long-term manager but he has been here for a while and done a pretty good job on the whole.

However there is a concern that he has significant flaws & does not quite have the ability to take us to the very top level and keep us there. But they also don't want instability and to have go through the same routine as they did when they sacked Hughes so they'd want him to stay until we have secured the right long-term target.

Pretty much as I see it though with two exceptions.
- I do think he gets on with Txiki - sure they are probably not bosom buddies but they do seem to have a good business relationship.
- The other is his ability. He handed Ferguson his arse on a plate last season - even with the most biased refereeing I have seen in many a long year. You have to be at least very good to do that. Certainly better than Wenger and Rafa the Waiter. Probably not as good as Moaninho or Pepe - but Moaninho cannot be trusted and so is not wanted and Pepe is under contract for 3 seasons.
In my lifetime City have got rid of successful managers twice and both times it subsequently went tits up (Alison for Mercer and Alison for Book). So for me, we should keep him if we can. Though that will be difficult as his family are not keen on Manchester.
As always be careful what you wish for. The alternative is probably worse.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I feel totally reassured about the failings of this season and the outlook for next season with roberto Mancini's insightful, deep and thoughtful comment;

"It is important that we work 'ard"

I've never heard him make that point in any other interview about anything ever, honestly.

That's one of the problems with trying to assess Mancini, he tells us very little in his interviews. His fan boys latched on to the fact that Mourinho was critical of his players performance, although I didn't hear him name one individually, but I saw no one mention that he also talked about preparation and how the knew Dortmund swung balls in to the second post... Completely different stuff to "this is impossible".

Mancini I hope does the same sort of preparation and makes that level of analysis of his team's performance but it would be nice to hear some of it from him.

And before some lemon weighs in, I am not giving this as a reason to sack; it jus makes it harder to understand him.
When you speak a second language it is not easy sometimes to express yourself in detail , in reply to a specific question.Sometimes he is evasive certainly, but an error in his replies to journalists can be taken out of context, and he is aware of this. For me he should be given another season at least.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The Future's Blue said:
Have I missed the reply from PB confirming the sexual tension between Roberto and Txiki?
You obviously don't know anyone at the club. Everyone who does knows this is the truth.
Obviously not PB. But tell me, if I did and they had something to say, would I plaster it over somewhere like Bluemoon to enforce an agenda?

Furthermore, you obviously have friends very high up (and I mean HIGH), they must surely have told you what the future holds for Mancini, surely the decision has been disseminated to you.

Luckily, your friends mustn't have been given the full script, if they had, we wouldn't be discussing this, Mancini would either be 'In' or 'Out'.

I'm going for 'In'. But then again, what the fuck would I know.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
So now the FA Cup is easy to win!! - Do you know how fucking pathetic this sounds after we went 30 plus years without winning tap all! I remember the foaming on here about that banner. Yet only 2 yrs later we think we have a god given right to get out of the group stage in europe,win the prem every season and that the cup is easy as it's against dross opposition.

Acting like spoilt bastards is just not becoming of any City fan.

TCM - My banner is ready for Didsbury,Exeter and Fantasy today in big bold blue letters..

MANCINI OUT

If you actually bothered to read what's written, instead of foaming away at what you wish we'd written in order to justify your tiresome spoilt bastards and haters jibes, you'd see from my own post that my own belief that we should replace Mancini is no more than 65:35. OB1 meanwhile is even less certain at 55:45. In other words, far from being 'haters' we acknowledge it's a tough call, and we aren't overtly opposed to Bobby staying put, but reckon overall there are too many negative aspects to his management, to prevent us from kicking on. The way you carry on you'd think we were proposing to burn down an orphanage

grim up north said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
The Future's Blue said:
Have I missed the reply from PB confirming the sexual tension between Roberto and Txiki?
You obviously don't know anyone at the club. Everyone who does knows this is the truth.

lol

Why LOL? Do you know different? Do you have a web of contacts built up over many years like PB has?<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:10 am --<br /><br />
penalty spot said:
When you speak a second language it is not easy sometimes to express yourself in detail , in reply to a specific question.Sometimes he is evasive certainly, but an error in his replies to journalists can be taken out of context, and he is aware of this. For me he should be given another season at least.

So how does Bobby give detailed instructions to his players?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
So now the FA Cup is easy to win!! - Do you know how fucking pathetic this sounds after we went 30 plus years without winning tap all! I remember the foaming on here about that banner. Yet only 2 yrs later we think we have a god given right to get out of the group stage in europe,win the prem every season and that the cup is easy as it's against dross opposition.

TCM - My banner is ready for Didsbury,Exeter and Fantasy today in big bold blue letters..

MANCINI OUT

If you actually bothered to read what's written, instead of foaming away at what you wish we'd written in order to justify your tiresome spoilt bastards and haters jibes, you'd see from my own post that my own belief that we should replace Mancini is no more than 65:35. OB1 meanwhile is even less certain at 55:45. In other words, far from being 'haters' we acknowledge it's a tough call, and we aren't overtly opposed to Bobby staying put, but reckon overall there are too many negative aspects to his management, to prevent us from kicking on. The way you carry on you'd think we were proposing to burn down an orphanage

Ah but it is much more convenient to ignore what people are actually saying so that you can spit bile a fellow Blues who have the temerity to think that what is best for the club is something different to their own view.

personally I think it would be a major overreaction if he was sacked there have been many times I have been left thinking what the fuck are bringing kolarov on for etc only for it to have changed the game so much so that when he took Jimmy off last week I thought it was tactical not injury the reason we are second this year is because the strikers haven't been scoring their chances for the last two weeks we should have been 3-0 up after the first half to go in 1-0 up when we've had plenty of chances and it nearly cost us the final place and it did cost us against Tottenham dzeko looks like he's already left and agueros been injured a lot balo left in January its just been a good season but not great I feel we are going in the right direction though since bobby took over we are looking good for second and we should win the cup so a good summer and we should be set for next year

hgblue said:
Marvin said:
Wembley plans and off to see Silva, Tevez and Aguero in an hour. Thanking my lucky stars myself.

Spending Millions doesn't guarantee anything. Man Utd sent decades breaking the transfer record for Bryan Robson etc and they were miles off Liverpool. Ferguson took 6 years with unprecedented money behind him, but Mancini did it straight away

Too much taken for granted

There are two sets of City fans on here and we wind each other up no end. Those who think an FA Cup final represents a good season and we should thank our lucky stars that we're not shit anymore, and those who think surrendering our title by February and underperforming again in Europe represents a shit season for a club aspiring to the top. I'd say as a general rule that the first category will be so called 'Mancini Inners', and the second category will be so called 'Mancini Outers'.

I think you'll probably find that the vast marority agree with all those points, and are inners.

Barcon said:
hgblue said:
Marvin said:
Wembley plans and off to see Silva, Tevez and Aguero in an hour. Thanking my lucky stars myself.

Spending Millions doesn't guarantee anything. Man Utd sent decades breaking the transfer record for Bryan Robson etc and they were miles off Liverpool. Ferguson took 6 years with unprecedented money behind him, but Mancini did it straight away

Too much taken for granted

There are two sets of City fans on here and we wind each other up no end. Those who think an FA Cup final represents a good season and we should thank our lucky stars that we're not shit anymore, and those who think surrendering our title by February and underperforming again in Europe represents a shit season for a club aspiring to the top. I'd say as a general rule that the first category will be so called 'Mancini Inners', and the second category will be so called 'Mancini Outers'.

I think you'll probably find that the vast marority agree with all those points, and are inners.

Inners=patient. outers=impatient. Both=City fans.

And here's the clever bit.. when European success finally comes, it will be at the very same time for the inners as well as outers..

All this thread does is give us all sommat to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.