Wilfried Bony - Loan to Stoke

Apparently Stoke are sniffing Berahino's arse (again). And choosing Crouch over Bony in the meantime. Doesn't look like a big offer's coming from that direction.

He's certainly come down in the world. Can't work out whether he just had a purple patch at Swansea, and in reality is shit, or whether he's a decent player who has lost his mojo.
The latter IMO. I know people will say he was playing in shit leagues but his goal scoring record was excellent for four years prior to joining Swansea and then for two years at Swansea. That's not just a purple patch. But boy has he lost his mojo.

Apparently Stoke are sniffing Berahino's arse (again). And choosing Crouch over Bony in the meantime. Doesn't look like a big offer's coming from that direction.

He's certainly come down in the world. Can't work out whether he just had a purple patch at Swansea, and in reality is shit, or whether he's a decent player who has lost his mojo.
The malaria has really thrown him off,it can take a long time to resolve properly,also he looked lost for us,he didn't seem to connect with the others and they played 2 quickly around him,maybe he has lost all confidence

The malaria has really thrown him off,it can take a long time to resolve properly,also he looked lost for us,he didn't seem to connect with the others and they played 2 quickly around him,maybe he has lost all confidence
I think you're spot on - a mixture of the malaria setting him back and then losing all confidence probably partly due to the malaria and then just generally being out of his depth playing for us and the way we play football which was never going to suit. Also worth remembering that he was by no means the only player to lose his confidence last season under Pellegrini.

I think you're spot on - a mixture of the malaria setting him back and then losing all confidence probably partly due to the malaria and then just generally being out of his depth playing for us and the way we play football which was never going to suit. Also worth remembering that he was by no means the only player to lose his confidence last season under Pellegrini.
Last season was a weird one for sure,everyone looked depressed,bony was wrong time wrong place wrong manager,hope he gets his mojo back soon

Last season was a weird one for sure,everyone looked depressed,bony was wrong time wrong place wrong manager,hope he gets his mojo back soon

my guess brought in to keep YaYa happy
but illness and that huge pay rise meant his wallet weighed him down

I am sticking with the theory that he is just a rich man's Benjani.

When we signed him in Jan for the rest of that season I thought we had genuniely bought a good striker, his hold up play was good and even though he wasnt scoring he looked dangerous.

The season after, he just ambled around the pitch and didnt seem to give two fcuks.

I think you have to question the players attitude, he got his move and is quite happy to put minimum effort in from here on in..

When we signed him in Jan for the rest of that season I thought we had genuniely bought a good striker, his hold up play was good and even though he wasnt scoring he looked dangerous.

The season after, he just ambled around the pitch and didnt seem to give two fcuks.

I think you have to question the players attitude, he got his move and is quite happy to put minimum effort in from here on in..

If you remember back Yaya also questioned his attitude on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.