Wilfried Bony - Loan to Stoke

When we signed him in Jan for the rest of that season I thought we had genuniely bought a good striker, his hold up play was good and even though he wasnt scoring he looked dangerous.

The season after, he just ambled around the pitch and didnt seem to give two fcuks.

I think you have to question the players attitude, he got his move and is quite happy to put minimum effort in from here on in..
His effort at Stoke was good until Hughes decided to drop him and go with Diouf instead.

Just scored the most Bony goal ever for Ivory Coast against DR Congo in AFCON. It's now 2-1 to the Congo.

Only if he wanted to go which by all accounts, he doesn't, so I would disagree with you there
If tHe right offer came in then surely he'd go. All depends what his motivation is and if he doesn't want to leave then it must be money. Therefore if a Chinese team offered him silly money he'd quite possible go.

If tHe right offer came in then surely he'd go. All depends what his motivation is and if he doesn't want to leave then it must be money. Therefore if a Chinese team offered him silly money he'd quite possible go.
Perhaps it's me but that makes no sense does it?

So he's staying because his motivation is money but if they offered him silly money (this is China we're talking about, yes?) he'd go?

I'm sure he has enough money to last him a lifetime already. We have to accept that the Far East is not everyone's cup of tea and if he is set on not going, then no money would change that

Perhaps it's me but that makes no sense does it?

So he's staying because his motivation is money but if they offered him silly money (this is China we're talking about, yes?) he'd go?
Well im presuming he hasn't had a big money offer from China. According to Mosssideblue he doesn't want to leave and i can only assume thats because currently no one will offer him the wages he is getting at city. Can't be because he wants to fight for his place in the side as thats just never happening. Therefore, he is staying for the money he will get on city wages, opposed to say Stoke wages if he left.

It made sense in my head at least

I'm sure he has enough money to last him a lifetime already. We have to accept that the Far East is not everyone's cup of tea and if he is set on not going, then no money would change that
Yes i guess thats quite possible, not for everyone. Not sure what he earns at City, but probably around 100k. Im guessing if he left City for an english club he'd have to take a hefty cut on that.

Yes i guess thats quite possible, not for everyone. Not sure what he earns at City, but probably around 100k. Im guessing if he left City for an english club he'd have to take a hefty cut on that.
Doubt he's on £100K here, the top players were put on £80K plus bonuses (?) awhile back and I can't see him being on even that, I'm presuming he's not getting the bonus as he's not here.

Given the money China's throwing around surely he'd have got more there but if he doesn't fancy it there's not a lot we can do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.