Will the following please leave...

I would give Hughes till the middle of January once he has bought some players in and then sack him. His only redeeming feature is that he is decent in the transfer market. Most Blackburn fans I know thought tactically Hughes was shocking and his substitutions baffling and questioned his ability to manage a bigger club.

As discussed on the Sunday Supplement this morning though if it looks like Parker and Bellamy would be the players chosen to get us out of this mess I would sack him asap. The quality of manager we would be able to attract would surprise people and I am sure some very high profile managers would accept a six month contract with the option of it been extended should we succeed.

moomba said:
No point getting rid of players unless we've got replacements coming in (and sometimes not even then).

Bridge is in so for me Ball can go (with thanks and best wishes etc).

Until we get more players in we can't afford to let any more go.

We need a far larger squad in depth and quality and balance before we start off loading anyone especially as we have the financial resources to do so.

We have no Petrov , lack of continuity of strikers all season and now we will be without SWP for 5 weeks and none of them can be covered with what we currently have.

Alot of people are saying Dunne and Richards are surplus to requirements but who do we have to cover for them of equal quality should they be unavailable.

Yes if we have better replacements on the way you could look at selling one of them but really any decent side needs at least two players of equal ability in each position to ensure the season in the premiership is better than a struggle for survival or a bottom half finish.

I wouldn't get rid of Ball even if Bridge was fit and ready to start next Saturday which he is not in anycase.

Sven Goran Eriksson was backed because he did great until January so why would you sack somebody after some really good performances on a limited budget aswell?

Its a new chairman aswell Thaksin Shinawatra was going to review Svens position after the season ended its totally different now we have a new chairman with billions and 4 or 5 new players and Mark Hughes has made the whole team play absolutely garbage thats why he shouldnt have time.

TudorRose said:
JO 14 said:
jo is only 21 send him out on loan to everton or someone to give him a bit more experience and a few more games. Plus hughes needs time his second half of the season has always been better than his first every year hes managed, he is a good manager. If we would have won yesterday then there wouldnt have been one hughes out thread, you cant just sack a manager after a few bad games bad games.

It wasnt just any defeat. It was a 3-0 hammering, at home, against a Championship team:

Fighting a relegatin battle of their own
Managed by a care-taker boss
Who were defeated 4-0 at home last week by Doncaster - who are bottom 3!!!

THREE FUKCING NIL!!!

Embarrassing

they got beat 4-2 at home, sorry i get my coat

Bigga said:
blue 1992 said:
this, we all backed SGE, so why not hughes?

Mmmm... Because Sven got the boot with a better performance average with statistically worse players?

I you think that MH is a better manager than SGE, good luck to you.

Anyway, I initally thought that this thread was aimed at anyone who disagrees with the MH thought police who seem to have a disproportionate and oppressive influence over this forum. May be we can all go on a new 'List' of non-conformists for those who have no vested interest other than wanting to watch a successful team at a well run club. But, hey, what the hell do I know?

My personal views:

Hart - Stays. Needs experience. Doesn't command his box as he should and gives our woeful defence more to worry about. Needs an experienced 'keeper to learn his trade from.

Ball - Goes. Shite

Dunne - Stays. Needs a better CH alongside him to share the responsibility.

Micah - Stays. But relegated to the reserves to get his head sorted out and re-discover what its all about.

Zab - Stays. Great potential, drops some gaffs at the moment but you can see the product is there. Better coaching needed.

Gelson - Goes. Nothing like the quality we need. Reminds me of my old Jack Russell with a football.

Hamann - Goes. Too old, shame you cant graft Hamanns' head onto Gelsons body, there would be a decent footballer there.

SWP - Stays. Obviously.

Kompany - Stays. A classy player, wants it badly, it must be demoralising for him with some of the tripe on display yesterday.

Elano - Goes. He's not interested anymore. As my son pointed out, its like he is playing badly deliberately.

Sturridge - Stays. But please play him as CF, he has great close control and easily makes himself a yard in the box for a shot. Stop playing him on the wing where he is wasted.

Caicido - Stays. But needs time and patience to develop.

Vassell - Goes. Worse than Ball.

Jo - Stays, but loan him out. Not to Everton tho, send him to a Championship side where everyone is 6'9" and he can get used to playing in a physical environment.

Mark Hughes - Hmmm. Stays. I think he is shackled with the crap from previous regimes. I suspect his plan for this season is to get us into a EUFA slot again. I also suspect he is safe until the summer, and unless our second half of the season is nothing short of tremendous, he will be replaced by a special one in June.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.