Will We Do Business in the Winter Window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to yesterday Mirror we have a further £150M to burn.Surely that would cause FFP problems with our friends at UEFA.

We have Mangala, Nasri, Bony, Hart and Mooy on loan. Then we have a bunch of young players like Denayer, Unal, Celina, Roberts, Moreno etc, on loan too.

At some point we have to start selling those that won't make it here. Which would make our net spend a lot lower.

Last edited:
I hope so....this set of fullbacks are just not good enough. We going to see more of the "spurs" type games this season if we having to count on Zab and Kolarov to be our starting pair of fullbacks..."Good" teams will open us up with speed. I would hope we do alitte more shopping in Jan as we have a clear weakness that teams are going to exploit even more as the season goes on.
I'd agree but we'll already have a good idea who our main targets are, full backs, centre back and cm, unless any become available in January, I can't see us spending money on stop gaps.

New fullbacks are an absolute must (left back more of a priority over the right back as Im more confident with Sagna than any of the others)

Still think we need a holding midfielder/box to box to give us better options and to also deal with injuries when they occur as we don't have the strength in depth in midfield when you are talking about defensive qualities

Seen Bellerin, Bonnucci and Aubamayang linked again but personally think that is newspaper bollocks

As others have said January is really hard to get anyone decent..no way arsenal will sell ballerina in the middle of a season and the other two are just old links being re hashed (though I wouldn't say no to any of them as Bonnuci is better than Otomendi and Aubamayang is better than kelechi at present......though i don't think that one will ever happen

Doubt it. Unless a summer target(s) becomes available (unlikely), cant see us making purchase. No point signing stopgaps.

The likes of Bellerin etc are impossible to sign in January.

I think Jesus comes in. And we'll more than likely just try to move our players. while the fullback positions are not ideal. I think that's all we've got to work with till summer.

Please explain then.Surely we must have a cut off point where our profits may exceed the possible £325M we spend.I accept that based into those figures are players we`ve shifted via transfers.
In transfer fees alone we could cover that money from the premier league increase and we've been shifting a lot of big earners so the wage bill would be fine.

In transfer fees alone we could cover that money from the premier league increase and we've been shifting a lot of big earners so the wage bill would be fine.
Fair point as I thought we may well overstep the figures against those corrupt fuckers at UEFA.As a matter of interest what sort of financial clout did we receive from Sky,any idea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.