Will we have learnt from the previous mistakes?

Mistakes can be made with signings, and the test is then how do you deal with it and what can you learn from it.

The case of Ballotelli comes to mind.
Lol. Until recently we've been making mistakes on signings over 40 years mate. At least Balotelli had talent, I can still remember many players who hadn't any.

I agree with you on Pep needing to sign a new contract this summer. One thing that most people overlook is how hard it is to do business during World Cup years. Teams go after players that dominate in the world cup. Prices as we all know are crazy ever since the Neymar transaction. They were nuts before, but that blew the roof off. Can you guys imagine how much money a guy who has a world cup like James Rodriguez had last time? Yes he was at Monaco and people knew about him, but 80 million Euro sure didn't get them much.

City is in a great position. A young squad that has depth at almost every position. Yaya is gone, we don't know about Vinny's status. Pretty much everybody else is locked in. Sure somebody could come up and make an offer for one of our players that is beyond silly and we have to take it, but I really don't know where the improvement areas will need to come from. Obviously Pep feels he needs another winger, so maybe we still go after one of those and a left back in case Mendy is damaged goods. Maybe a long term replacement for Fernandinho (replaces Yaya). And if Kompany moves on, we are in the market for another center back as we need 4 on the roster with the work load.

I truly believe that the buying the last two summers has been in order to not only improve the team, but to not have to be a big spenders in this upcoming off season due to the world cup. Maybe as many as four players, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a couple.
Totally agree on the World Cup and in a way that might work in our favour, it will be very hard for anyone to retool to any degree this summer and anyone that does will be a work in progress well into the year. It's also well known that Mourinho, if he is still at united, likes to have his players back earlier than most and that's going to be impacted greatly. So it's almost like having one very long season with the clubs committed for 20months to basically the same set of players.

I think we will get better next season and I see us retaining the title. Pep has completely addressed our dodgy defence that Neither Mancini or Pellegrini could, and added a top class young keeper.

The most important thing Pep has gave the players is belief and a will to win. You can see that they are enjoying themselves on the pitch and we are now reaping rewards. Every player except Yaya has improved under Pep and he has instilled a collective togetherness and never say die winning mentality with a into the team.

I can't see us dominating like united and Liverpool did as there is much more competition, but I think we'll be the most successful English club for the foreseeable future.

Shot memory? We were the best defence in the league in all of Mancinis 3 full seasons, though we were defending in a different way than Pep. Back then we hardly let in more than 2 goals if we lost. What is good under Pep though, is that we arent familiar with losing! :)

Goals conceded:

Mancini:

10/11: 33 ( Best along with Chelsea). Clean sheets: 18

11/12: 29 (Citys best defensive record in history). Clean sheets: 17

12/13: 34 (1st). Clean sheets: 18

Pellegrini:

13/14: 37 (2nd). Clean sheets: 16

14/15: 38 (5th). Clean sheets: 14

15/16: 41 (5th along with Southampton) Clean sheets: 16

Agree with the most of your post, though if Pep extends his contract i could see us winning most of the PL titles and at least one of the FA Cup/League Cup each year. He is that good.

Shot memory? We were the best defence in the league in all of Mancinis 3 full seasons, though we were defending in a different way than Pep. Back then we hardly let in more than 2 goals if we lost. What is good under Pep though, is that we arent familiar with losing! :)

Goals conceded:

Mancini:

10/11: 33 ( Best along with Chelsea). Clean sheets: 18

11/12: 29 (Citys best defensive record in history). Clean sheets: 17

12/13: 34 (1st). Clean sheets: 18

Pellegrini:

13/14: 37 (2nd). Clean sheets: 16

14/15: 38 (5th). Clean sheets: 14

15/16: 41 (5th along with Southampton) Clean sheets: 16

Agree with the most of your post, though if Pep extends his contract i could see us winning most of the PL titles and at least one of the FA Cup/League Cup each year. He is that good.
My memory isn't the best at times mate; )
up until this season, i think we've always had a weakness in every department and no Mancini team nor Pellegrini team had the same level of belief and togetherness as this current lot. The good thing is, we will get stronger under Guardiola.

Happy fuckin' days to be a blue.

My memory isn't the best at times mate; )
up until this season, i think we've always had a weakness in every department and no Mancini team nor Pellegrini team had the same level of belief and togetherness as this current lot. The good thing is, we will get stronger under Guardiola.

Happy fuckin' days to be a blue.

Spot on. And Pep is just ten times the manager both Mancini and Pellegrini were. His ability to improve players and his high demands will surely mean we will continue to improve. Happy days indeed.

Whatever happens it's not going to be easy given that no club has retained the title since United did in 2009. Amazing really, but given the age of our squad and the fact that so many players are going to improve and provided we get the recruitment right, we'll be a in a great position to give it a good shot. Lots of clubs will improve, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, but we've really raised the bar this season and they will have to improve considerably to bridge the gap. Can't wait to see what happens!

There will be considerable upgrades and the addition of real strength in depth during the summer.
You only have to read the published transfer rumours to know that.
Even so the rags will spend big and Liverpool will strengthen were they are weakest. I expect a three way title race next season.

There will be considerable upgrades and the addition of real strength in depth during the summer.
You only have to read the published transfer rumours to know that.
Even so the rags will spend big and Liverpool will strengthen were they are weakest. I expect a three way title race next season.
I see us as having far and away the best squad in the league and we are going to strengthen with probably the best players available. When I say best players I mean players that want to win trophies rather than greedy ones. I also see Chelsea as having the next best squad and they would take, imho 3 seasons of big spending and stability to catch us. Utd will make big signings but they are more likely to be more shirt sellers, also as long as they have Maureen and we have Pep we will stay above them. Liverpool will obviously strengthen as well but again I think they are three seasons of big investment away from us but we are not going to stand still.

I expect another one team race next season.

IMHO of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.