Windows 10 - BSOD

Kippaxian

Hi - Upgraded to Windows 10 which went fine - or so I thought!
The Lap top now crashes multiple times (without warning) with an error saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_ERROR.
Searched the web and it seems there could be many reason for this.

I have updated drivers etc and I think its to do with the Wireless Adapter
When using the Ethernet port there are no crashes at all but after a few mins of the cable taken out - it crashes again.

So, my stupid question is that when I check the drivers on the device, there are 4 listed. Is this correct? I would have thought that I only should have one driver and its this that's causing the issue?
If so, do I click the Uninstall Driver and will that delete all 4 at the same time and then just install one again from selecting the "update Driver", or will the uninstall option delete one at a time and if so, how do I know which one to keep??

This win10 stuff is doing my head in. Another lad on here meeesh had bad disk sectors but could have used the laptop had it not updated critical system files and tried to put them on the bad disk sectors.

Drivers can be fiddly but also can be simple to sort. Firstly i suggest you install this program http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php run it and see if that fixes the driver issue.
Tell us what the results are cheers.

you need to get a scandisk in of your HDD after you've uninstalled and before you update anything again - this should flush out the bad sectors so that when you do your update/reinstall they'll get dropped somewhere safe on your disk

Before trying the program that TCIB suggested (watch the install BTW, it tries to install other stuff sneakily) delete all the drivers after taking the dongle out. Reboot the laptop and when it's finished loading put the dongle back in. Either let Windows find the best option or if you've found the latest Win 10 compatible driver use that.

Before trying the program that TCIB suggested (watch the install BTW, it tries to install other stuff sneakily) delete all the drivers after taking the dongle out. Reboot the laptop and when it's finished loading put the dongle back in. Either let Windows find the best option or if you've found the latest Win 10 compatible driver use that.

Good point, try windows manual driver update first. Sorry i just automatically assumed that would have been tried.

Worst thing i ever did was to upgrade my backup computer to windows 10,i am going to have to take it in the shop to sort it out as i don't have a clue
The only plus side it streams live games better but everything else just freezes up. and it won't enable Adblocker.I am sticking with windows 7 on my main computer,no problems at all

Good point, try windows manual driver update first. Sorry i just automatically assumed that would have been tried.
Lol, I work in technical support and I never assume even the basic 'Have you tried turning it off and back on again?' (and I've been proven right so many times it's depressing)

Worst thing i ever did was to upgrade my backup computer to windows 10,i am going to have to take it in the shop to sort it out as i don't have a clue
The only plus side it streams live games better but everything else just freezes up. and it won't enable Adblocker.I am sticking with windows 7 on my main computer,no problems at all
Almost certainly driver issues Karen, either graphics, mother board or any of the (many) others. I'm puzzled as to the AdBlocker problem though, the OS shouldn't get in the way of the browser installing ad-ons.

Almost certainly driver issues Karen, either graphics, mother board or any of the (many) others. I'm puzzled as to the AdBlocker problem though, the OS shouldn't get in the way of the browser installing ad-ons.
I have downloaded Adblocker several times and in manage your ad-ons it says it's enabled.I have tried closing the computer down and several restarts but it won't have it,drives me mad.It is a job for the shop but i'm scared to leave it with anyone as i have all my passwords stored everywhere as i have a terrible memory.How long would it take to sort out,would i be able to wait and keep an eye on them?
ADblocker worked on windows 8 which i had before

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.