Womens FA Cup Final - Congratulations to the winners - Manchester City

I'm starting to wonder if ADUG bought the club to promote their success and brand more. We have the potential to be one of the best female sides in the world over time with the set up and full support, never lip service other clubs give their teams as though having a female side is just a tick in a box exercise.

The FA need an arse kicking along with the BBC for their promotion of a truly family friendly sport.

I'm starting to wonder if ADUG bought the club to promote their success and brand more. We have the potential to be one of the best female sides in the world over time with the set up and full support, never lip service other clubs give their teams as though having a female side is just a tick in a box exercise.

The FA need an arse kicking along with the BBC for their promotion of a truly family friendly sport.

I think the FA are imposing a salary cap of 40% of club revenues, and when you consider we boost our women's side revenue stream by including it in in CFG sponsorship such as Nissan it is hard to compete with sides such as Lyon and Paris whose budget I think is nearly double ours.

I think the FA fear the FAWSL turning into what the French women's league has become where Lyon and Paris have by the looks of it pretty much budgeted themselves into a league of their own. Lyon for example have 5 world XI players in their side and quite frequently beat teams by 6 or 7, sometimes 8, 9 or on the odd occassion 10. You don't get that sort of quality without paying the top dollar for it.

I am pretty sure City and Chelsea could give the women's team a £5m budget which would allow them to rival the biggest budgets in women's football I would imagine. Lyon's is around £5m from what I have read.

£5m a year as an investment in our women's team and for the women's game in this country looks money well spent in my opinion. I bet we have the likes of Fernando sat on the bench earning more than that.

I may be biased because I know City can afford it but I think the FA should let the women's game become free of restrictions as I think the likes of City, Chelsea and maybe even Arsenal and Liverpool, these clubs could with their money make the English league the best.

Congratulations to our women. A Really strong performance.
A big stand up to the 150+ blues who saw the Leicester game and got on the 14:50 Virgin train from Piccadilly to go to game missing at least the first 30 mins at Wembley.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.