Worst City players you remember

1.Terry Park (the glen hoddle of the 4th division) 2. Alfonse Gronendike (the best passer of a ball in the Dutch 2nd division) 3. Christian Negoui (the best impersonator of a footballer since Ali Dia). Actually I don't think we did sign Park from Stockport County in the end. As someone quipped at the time: "more like the kevin bond of the 4th division".
No we didn't, thankfully. Tbf to Park he only made 2 sub appearances in a team that was heading for relegation. Stuart Lee on the other hand... we paid real money to County for that plank! I'm sure it had something to do with Swales being a mate of then County chairman Freddie Pye.

Kinnel mate. Mauge was a sub in the only game he ever played for us. Not much time to qualify as our worst player. - I have to admit I forgot he even played for us.
To me our worst would have to be somebody from 96-99; when we "achieved" the three lowest final places in our history.
Worst value for money player might be significantly more recently - RSC, Caicedo, Rodwell, Scott Sinclair etc.

Mauge seems harsh being called one of the worst players as he was only loan signing, but from his brief appearances he wasn't a player who could of helped us in the top flight imo. It's a good call for the mid 90's as it is hard to choose from that bunch.

Last edited:
I cant look beyond Mills,Clough and Macpointalot mainly because of the type of person they are.

If was going for worst player ( against what I know they could do ) it would be nigel clough - complete parasite who did jack all in a blue shirt

As for worst actual player in terms of ability when playing at his best ..... david brightwell ~ I don't recall him ever does Ng anything any good and if he wasn't Ian's brother I seriously think that he would have never been close to wearing a City shirt ever

Mark Robins?

No.. its come to me... pretty sure it was Steve Rimmer. I looked him up on wiki and found this

"Stephen Anthony Rimmer (born 23 May 1979) is an English former footballer. His career in the Football League was brief but eventful, playing in front of a record low crowd at Maine Road and getting sent off 23 minutes into his Port Vale debut. In 2000, he ventured into non-league football, and turned out for Marine, Hyde United, and Skelmersdale United.

A product of the Manchester City youth system, he made one first team appearance for the club on 8 December 1998. City lost 2–1 to Mansfield Town in the First Round of the Football League Trophy. Rimmer picked up a booking in a match primarily remembered as having Manchester City's lowest ever recorded attendance (just 3,007 turned up). He spent January 1999 at Conference National side Doncaster Rovers. He left Maine Road at the end of the season and quickly signed up with First Division club Port Vale.

Handed his Vale debut by manager Brian Horton on 28 December 1999 at Oakwell, replacing Mark Snijders at half time, he was sent off on 68 minutes for serious foul play. He only one more appearance, on 12 February 2000, replacing Stewart Talbot at Blundell Park after just 13 minutes. He was let go at the end of the season
."

Not exactly an illustrious career !!!

I've only read the pages that have been added today so I may have missed this player or maybe typed him myself in earlier pages - Neil Heaney!!

Fucking awful.

Others that deserve and 'honourable' mention:
Ged Branan
Ike Immel
Craig Russel
Bob Taylor
Gareth Taylor
Barry 'barry, barry' Conlon
Laurent Charvet
The endless list of French/Africans that Keegan bought, Metomo and Foe apart
Alan Kernaghan
Rick Holden
David Brightwell
Jon Burridge
Richard Dunne(when he was very fat and drunk)

I'm sure there are more but they are the worst of the worst
Dunney - absolutely loved him and he still speaks well of his time here. We used to joke that he must the only 18 stone right back in any of the leagues. Im sure the ground used to shake as he 'ahem' sprinted forward to join the attack!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.