Worst decision by Peter Swales?

I've met Ian Rush a few times, and asked him about this once. He said he had a choice, and chose Liverpool even though he was an Everton fan. It was 1980 and, let's face it, everyone in football knew we were skint and on the slide, which was pretty much the advice Alan Oakes gave him. "Think about it, City or one of the biggest clubs in Europe?" He actually played longer for Chester than he should as Liverpool missed the transfer deadline after he'd agreed to join them.

As an aside, when Hansen saw him play he couldn't believe Liverpool had signed him because his first touch was so bad. Whether that says more about Hansen's judgement (then and now) or the way Rush progressed is up to you to decide.

Anyway, Swales worst decision was selling me a Binatone cassette player in about 1975. It was overpriced shite and I never bought anything from him again.

Has to be bringing Big Mal back and sanctioning some awful transfer deals I mean to pay around the same or even more for Daley than you got in for Barnes and Owen combined, was just insane, and until we get into the champions league you could say we've still haven't recovered from his reign

Enough. Peter Swales was a blue. And he got loads of things wrong. But he did it for the right reason (overthrowing the evil empire). 99% of us would have have done the same, he would have sold his soul to see City as top dogs. And I have a little difficulty hearing bad things about genuine blues, no matter how misguided. Have some respect, the blokes dead ..........

10.Goater_Legend said:
Continuing on with the theme set by the manager's thread, what is old Peter's worst move whilst he was at City.

Has to be the way he treated Joe Mercer for me.

Pretty certain Swales wasn't charman when Joe Mercer left, it was Joe Smith I think. Gary James will know for certain.

Allison's second coming has to be tops.

Also he turned down the chance to sign Ardiles and Villa after the '78 World Cup and look where that got us!

He also sent the best footballer we'd had for a generation, Paul Lake, to USA to some no-mark to get his knee done and then to compound Lakey's misery got him a seat for the journey back in economy class with no leg room which made his knee lock. Cheapskate!!

Tough one....every decision Peter Swales made was a bad one.

...and Stretford think they've got it bad with Glazer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.