Worst decision by Peter Swales?

neverred76 said:
Worst decision for me would be the tan 'leather look' slip on shoes Peter wore with his chocolate brown / cream pin-stripe suit, an absolute shocker !

Noooo, the sky blue nylon suit takes it all the time.I believe the brown one was Sunday best!

Sacking Ron Saunders, for me - It was vital he be allowed to break up that ageing Lee, Bell & Summerbee team of the late 60's / Early 70's rather than being forced out (by those very same players) for threatening to do so.

I am certain he would have, eventually won us the first division championship (perhaps even the European cup) had he stayed

neverred76 said:
I was trying to forget that nylon one mate....jesus that was hideous.

There's an Aussie comedian (use the term loosely as most of their comedians are shite) called Bob Downe who's sartorial elegance is on a par with the great PJ. I wonder if they had the same tailor....?

Probably. Though ive heard ratboy has a suit with built in plastic pants for those excitable touchline moments.

lancs blue said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
Continuing on with the theme set by the manager's thread, what is old Peter's worst move whilst he was at City.

Has to be the way he treated Joe Mercer for me.

Pretty certain Swales wasn't charman when Joe Mercer left, it was Joe Smith I think. Gary James will know for certain.

Allison's second coming has to be tops.

Also he turned down the chance to sign Ardiles and Villa after the '78 World Cup and look where that got us!

Yeah, I've read that, they were were virtually on a plane to Manchester, when he inexplicably "pulled the plug" at the eleventh hour.....On balance though, I feel, he was still a blue, who's decisions, (right or wrong) were made with the good of the club at heart....WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME FOR COOK & MARWOOD!

That was his problem though mate, he was obssessed with outdoing them. He took over a club which was one of the top 4 in the country, whilst they were in decline and left us debt ridden and on the path to the third tier of English football.

We're only recovering now, with people like the Shiekh only thinking about City and helping us grow, it's a matter of time untill we go where we should of when Swales took over, too the top of European football.
Top post. Great read this thread. What a story this club has.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.