Would anyone be willing to boycott a game?

I very much live in the real world. The point I was making was one of priorities. I happen to prioritise my season card over certain other things. I also understand that virtually every commodity in the world goes up in price, annually. As for sitting on my own - I genuinely am quite happy to watch City with whoever is next to me, or on my own. I go to watch City, done it hundreds of times accompanied and many, many times alone. Enjoyed them equally. If having to sit next to your mates is a deal breaker, then you don't have City has high on your priorities as me. Similarly, the lads I used to travel the length and breadth of England watching City - some couldn't believe I'd shelld the away days. I could though - I put other things before it. It's a choice. Nobody's putting a gun to our heads. And nobody's asking us for a massive amount more than we paid last year. That's why talk of a boycott, for me, is laughable. Each to their own though - I'll be at the game. Even if I'm on my own.

aren't you a super blue. for the vast majority of people they like to sit near there mates or there family, it doesnt make you a better fan or mean you prioritize city more.
I happen to prioritise my season card over certain other things." and your example was having a car or not..... you shouldnt have to chose between that and football, thats ridiculous, most people can't do that. as i said plenty of people save and sacrifice to go to city and still can't really afford it. for most people they can't put football before family or living costs. there is no justification for a price increase no matter how small ( a few weeks wages). i agree there shouldnt be a boycott, but you will see the difference, just like this season - shit atmosphere and more empty seats - barely any young people and mostly middle aged people.

Everton 17/18 ST prices:

etwdhi.jpg

those are great prices. the best thing about those is the 22-24 category, we desperately need something like that at city.

In the end City could lose more money because of this petty rise.

I'm dropping all the cup schemes if City slip into the EL. If they get into the CL I will keep that because of the CL away games and trips. I'm going to drop platinum as well. Cut back on beers at the Etihad as well. Guessing, City will lose anywhere between £250-£500 of my money. If 1000's of other City fans do something similar, City will find their matchday revenues are dropping rather than going up.

Anyone who really doesn't need Platinum should drop it. Our kid has it and he's never been to an away game, apart from the Chelsea one this season when he was working round the corner from Stamford Bridge. If we assume that the 40k season tickets have gone up by £10, that's £400k over the season. If 4,000 people drop Platinum, that halves the additional revenue they gain.

I'll be dropping the CL scheme which loses them at least 3 tickets in the group stage at around £100. If we get to the last eight, that's probably closer to £180. So they're down between £80 and £160 on me alone. If just a couple of thousand also do the same, they'll lose another £160-320k. If 4,000 do it you can double that. So they could actually end up losing revenue because they've pissed people off for an utterly piddling amount. These ****s only understand money so that should be the weapon of choice to hit them with.

The irony is that, had prices stayed the same, I'd have stayed on all the cup schemes and was seriously considering going back on Platinum.

so, if they hadn't put your season ticket up by £15 quid, you'd have signed up for all the cup schemes? And when you found out that the tickets for those cup matches, had gone up by 2% let's say, and that we'd gone balls-deep into all the competitions, you'd have ended up paying more than the fifteen quid you think is indefensible. If you think a couple of thousand are going to sack Platinum/cup schemes, you're wrong. City will make more in ticket revenue next season than any other previous season. This 2% rise will have no impact. Other than a few on here bleating and calling the club a "disgrace" etc, etc, yawn...

In the end City could lose more money because of this petty rise.

I'm dropping all the cup schemes if City slip into the EL. If they get into the CL I will keep that because of the CL away games and trips. I'm going to drop platinum as well. Cut back on beers at the Etihad as well. Guessing, City will lose anywhere between £250-£500 of my money. If 1000's of other City fans do something similar, City will find their matchday revenues are dropping rather than going up.
No they won't.

those are great prices. the best thing about those is the 22-24 category, we desperately need something like that at city.

I read somewhere that 25% of Everton's match going support are 22 and under as well which is far in excess of ours, take away the kids in the family stand I bet 75% of our crowd are 45 plus.

aren't you a super blue. for the vast majority of people they like to sit near there mates or there family, it doesnt make you a better fan or mean you prioritize city more.
I happen to prioritise my season card over certain other things." and your example was having a car or not..... you shouldnt have to chose between that and football, thats ridiculous, most people can't do that. as i said plenty of people save and sacrifice to go to city and still can't really afford it. for most people they can't put football before family or living costs. there is no justification for a price increase no matter how small ( a few weeks wages). i agree there shouldnt be a boycott, but you will see the difference, just like this season - shit atmosphere and more empty seats - barely any young people and mostly middle aged people.
Never said I was a super blue. Said, given the choice of a season ticket which was cheaper but sitting on my own, or not going, I'd go on my own. That means, I prioritise going to City over being with my mates. Fucking hell, it's not rocket science. I didn't say I prioritise my season card over having a car. Read back and check. I currently prioritise the cost of my card against other things - holidays for example. The demographic at football has changed, you're right. But it's not due to cost: City is affordable - if you decide it's a priority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.