Would anyone be willing to boycott a game?

I'd rather join in an orchestrated day of protests by all Pl clubs fans about catastrophic refs and the incompetence / corruption of the FA.

DONT PISS HH SHEIKH MANSOUR OFF,the club may not exist if he hadn't stepped in at the 11th hour.

Pride,Respect & 'Face' are very important out here.

Yes but it relies on us getting drawn at home, whereas everyone binning platinum saves fans money, and at the same time tells the club that we won't have the piss taken on prices. As a club there is no justification for any rises, whether or not ist small and people can afford it, and its going against the grain of what other clubs are doing too.

A social media protest campaign could get backing from say the FSF, and as others have posted platinum doesn't really benefit many these days anyway, so save £50 of your money. Incidentally it wouldn't help me as I've already dropped it, but get as many others to drop it, and we, the fans make a statement to the club.

We are guaranteed home games in the cup schemes. We have already qualified.

Since Sheikh Mansour bought the club and put Soriano in charge of the club season tickets have gone up every season bar this one. And that was due to fans protesting about possible price increases last season. My season ticket used to be £400. It's now nearly £700. That's over £30+ every season since Sheikh Mansour bought the club. Not 2%. Other fans have paid considerably more. Many fans have been turfed out of their seats to accommodate the new breed of supporter that City want. £299 seats are limited. Value gold has been reintroduced to appease fans. They are limited and you do 't get a choice of where you sit. There are more and more empty seats at every home match bar the big games, and even they aren't selling out, even though the OS states sold out. There is no dialogue with the club anymore. The only way the club want to communicate with the fans is via selected fan groups. Loyalty points are now bought. I've done it. Platinum. Double points. Join every cup scheme. 300 loyalty points. All now pointless as Tunnel Club season tickets get an away ticket. United's season tickets have been frozen for 6 seasons. We used to take the piss out of them because of the way their club used to treat their fans and their ticket prices. Not anymore. Some of our matchday tickets against certain teams are more expensive than London ticket prices. Exactly how much more ticket price increases can our working class and local fanbase absorb?
Since Sheikh Mansour bought the club and put Soriano in charge of the club season tickets have gone up every season bar this one. And that was due to fans protesting about possible price increases last season. My season ticket used to be £400. It's now nearly £700. That's over £30+ every season since Sheikh Mansour bought the club. Not 2%. Other fans have paid considerably more. Many fans have been turfed out of their seats to accommodate the new breed of supporter that City want. £299 seats are limited. Value gold has been reintroduced to appease fans. They are limited and you do 't get a choice of where you sit. There are more and more empty seats at every home match bar the big games, and even they aren't selling out, even though the OS states sold out. There is no dialogue with the club anymore. The only way the club want to communicate with the fans is via selected fan groups. Loyalty points are now bought. I've done it. Platinum. Double points. Join every cup scheme. 300 loyalty points. All now pointless as Tunnel Club season tickets get an away ticket. United's season tickets have been frozen for 6 seasons. We used to take the piss out of them because of the way their club used to treat their fans and their ticket prices. Not anymore. Some of our matchday tickets against certain teams are more expensive than London ticket prices. Exactly how much more ticket price increases can our working class and local fanbase
Since Sheikh Mansour bought the club and put Soriano in charge of the club season tickets have gone up every season bar this one. And that was due to fans protesting about possible price increases last season. My season ticket used to be £400. It's now nearly £700. That's over £30+ every season since Sheikh Mansour bought the club. Not 2%. Other fans have paid considerably more. Many fans have been turfed out of their seats to accommodate the new breed of supporter that City want. £299 seats are limited. Value gold has been reintroduced to appease fans. They are limited and you do 't get a choice of where you sit. There are more and more empty seats at every home match bar the big games, and even they aren't selling out, even though the OS states sold out. There is no dialogue with the club anymore. The only way the club want to communicate with the fans is via selected fan groups. Loyalty points are now bought. I've done it. Platinum. Double points. Join every cup scheme. 300 loyalty points. All now pointless as Tunnel Club season tickets get an away ticket. United's season tickets have been frozen for 6 seasons. We used to take the piss out of them because of the way their club used to treat their fans and their ticket prices. Not anymore. Some of our matchday tickets against certain teams are more expensive than London ticket prices. Exactly how much more ticket price increases can our working class and local fanbase absorb?

Fans have always fallen by the wayside for one reason or another. We have an average of 2000 plus fans not renewing each and every season. Opinions, views, whatever you want to call it will always differ, as will facts and knowledge of those facts, which lead to those opinions which can be often ill informed. I see what the current regime has give to the club and community, we have a fabulous stadium and facilities, great manager, talent on the pitch and trophies in the cabinet, and a bright future. Supporters will stick by the club where they can, others will say their goodbuys. I know more City fans who don't go to games than do, nothing new there, that was the same in the 50's and 60's, it's the same at United, but you know what, I know a few who have returned, and others who are about to, so long as they get their season ticket for next year, then there's the 'new fans', eager to join the ride. There's a choice to make for some, many won't hesitate, like me to renew, but will make sacrifices where necessary, those regrettably unable to afford it any longer will say goodbye, unfortunate, but as I said in my previous post, the club will expect to lose matchday revenue in some areas, gain it in others, but will maintain the equilibrium overall. They can't please everybody unfortunately.

As one of the poorest fanbases in the country, and with PL clubs richer than they've ever been, why don't we as a collective show them what football is like when you price out the fans?

My season ticket has gone up £15. It's not a lot, but why do the club need it? What's an extra 500k off a fanbase?

I'll most likely be on my own with this, but I'm considering not attending the West Brom game. I never thought it would come to this, but the disconnect is wider than ever, and after reading about how Pep wants the atmosphere to change, for the club to do this is another kick in the teeth.

Football is nothing without fans.

Fucksake you come some shit on my post and then this? Wtf

HH Sheikh Mansour invested in City as a strategic vehicle to raise awareness of the wonderful Emirate of Abu Dhabi & to drive tourism through ETIHAD Airline.

He's subsequently transformed the club & helped bring us moments & trophies that were a pipe dream only 8 years ago.

But it is a business. Every Kevin.Leroy,JS,& Jesus has to be paid for.

Ged Brannan or Laurent Charvett anyone ?

The club have increased the cost of my season card by twenty quid. I'm happy with that. One positive about a possible boycott: I'll get a beer quicker at the game. Some of the hyperbolic nonsense on here is truly something to be seen and heard. City aren't a charity, never have been, never will be. The cost of virtually any commodity, season cards included, is likely to increase. There is the odd anomaly - when a price is frozen. But let's not pretend City have suddenly announced mind-blowing, off-the-scale increases. They haven't. It all comes down to choice. If you want to go to the game badly enough, you'll find a way for that extra twenty quid. Boycott? Do me a favour.

Fuck me
You expect us to spend £200m this summer and moan about 15 quid
Since the sheikhs takeover we have spent shed loads and won two titles two league cups an fa cup
We see good football top players etc
Some people just moan about anything

The club have increased the cost of my season card by twenty quid. I'm happy with that. One positive about a possible boycott: I'll get a beer quicker at the game. Some of the hyperbolic nonsense on here is truly something to be seen and heard. City aren't a charity, never have been, never will be. The cost of virtually any commodity, season cards included, is likely to increase. There is the odd anomaly - when a price is frozen. But let's not pretend City have suddenly announced mind-blowing, off-the-scale increases. They haven't. It all comes down to choice. If you want to go to the game badly enough, you'll find a way for that extra twenty quid. Boycott? Do me a favour.

i dont think anyone anywhere has said that or thinks that. there is no justification for a price increase, a few months wages if that. huge tv and sponsorship deals and every other club much freezing season ticket prices. you say its only 20 quid, but its gone up every year now, pretty much. if it goes up again next year by 20 quid and then for the next 5 years will you be ok with that ? people have been finding that extra 20 quid now for years. people are genuinely being priced out of going to city, but as long as you can afford it then fair play.

i dont think anyone anywhere has said that or thinks that. there is no justification for a price increase, a few months wages if that. huge tv and sponsorship deals and every other club much freezing season ticket prices. you say its only 20 quid, but its gone up every year now, pretty much. if it goes up again next year by 20 quid and then for the next 5 years will you be ok with that ? people have been finding that extra 20 quid now for years. people are genuinely being priced out of going to city, but as long as you can afford it then fair play.
I'm not being flippant: I'd find a way to cover the increase, even if it meant selling my car and cycling to work. I used to go everywhere with City; I've done 86 grounds with them. But then I stopped going to every away game, I do about 5/6 now, last season I did two. That was my choice. I placed other things above going to away games. I pay by direct debit as I find it easier to shell out 80 quid a month as opposed to 800 quid in one lump sum. Some people saying they'd refuse a £299 ticket cos it would mean relocating and away from mates. Priorities - I'd happily relocate and sit on me tod. I happen to think I pay a fair price for what I'm buying. And some of the stuff on here has been nothing but knee-jerk bollocks. "It's not the City I love" "the club has sold its soul". Arrant nonsense. The club has ALWAYS sought to make more money year in, year out from its fanbase. Swales did it, Franny did it, so did Bernstein, so did Thaksin. And so does HRH The Sheikh. It's what football clubs do. Always have, always will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.