Would anyone be willing to boycott a game?

The club have increased the cost of my season card by twenty quid. I'm happy with that. One positive about a possible boycott: I'll get a beer quicker at the game. Some of the hyperbolic nonsense on here is truly something to be seen and heard. City aren't a charity, never have been, never will be. The cost of virtually any commodity, season cards included, is likely to increase. There is the odd anomaly - when a price is frozen. But let's not pretend City have suddenly announced mind-blowing, off-the-scale increases. They haven't. It all comes down to choice. If you want to go to the game badly enough, you'll find a way for that extra twenty quid. Boycott? Do me a favour.

Excellent post. People talking about obscene amounts of money being charged is totally ridiculous.....have a look at the price of other teams season tickets. City have been bloody daft to increase some prices by such small amounts in most cases but twenty quid over an entire season means 5 less beers or 2 takeaway curries over 9 months...haha!!!. Reading some posts on here you'd think the end of the world was nigh.

I'm not being flippant: I'd find a way to cover the increase, even if it meant selling my car and cycling to work. I used to go everywhere with City; I've done 86 grounds with them. But then I stopped going to every away game, I do about 5/6 now, last season I did two. That was my choice. I placed other things above going to away games. I pay by direct debit as I find it easier to shell out 80 quid a month as opposed to 800 quid in one lump sum. Some people saying they'd refuse a £299 ticket cos it would mean relocating and away from mates. Priorities - I'd happily relocate and sit on me tod. I happen to think I pay a fair price for what I'm buying. And some of the stuff on here has been nothing but knee-jerk bollocks. "It's not the City I love" "the club has sold its soul". Arrant nonsense. The club has ALWAYS sought to make more money year in, year out from its fanbase. Swales did it, Franny did it, so did Bernstein, so did Thaksin. And so does HRH The Sheikh. It's what football clubs do. Always have, always will.

thats ridiculous and no one should have to sell there car to finance going to city matches, unless you dont live in the real world. plenty of people already are cutting costs, no cup games, champions league games, no away games, no food in the ground and plenty are finding it unaffordable. 800 quid or even 80 quid a month is a lot of money for people and priorities are paying for rent/living costs and your family, not football. going by the things you say, you'd be sat on your own, with no way of getting to the ground tbf that doesnt sound like a lot of fun. i dont even know why your mentioning that in your last point, no one is denying that. i think its a fair price, but there is no justification for an increase, no matter how small.

thats ridiculous and no one should have to sell there car to finance going to city matches, unless you dont live in the real world. plenty of people already are cutting costs, no cup games, champions league games, no away games, no food in the ground and plenty are finding it unaffordable. 800 quid or even 80 quid a month is a lot of money for people and priorities are paying for rent/living costs and your family, not football. going by the things you say, you'd be sat on your own, with no way of getting to the ground tbf that doesnt sound like a lot of fun. i dont even know why your mentioning that in your last point, no one is denying that. i think its a fair price, but there is no justification for an increase, no matter how small.

I very much live in the real world. The point I was making was one of priorities. I happen to prioritise my season card over certain other things. I also understand that virtually every commodity in the world goes up in price, annually. As for sitting on my own - I genuinely am quite happy to watch City with whoever is next to me, or on my own. I go to watch City, done it hundreds of times accompanied and many, many times alone. Enjoyed them equally. If having to sit next to your mates is a deal breaker, then you don't have City has high on your priorities as me. Similarly, the lads I used to travel the length and breadth of England watching City - some couldn't believe I'd shelld the away days. I could though - I put other things before it. It's a choice. Nobody's putting a gun to our heads. And nobody's asking us for a massive amount more than we paid last year. That's why talk of a boycott, for me, is laughable. Each to their own though - I'll be at the game. Even if I'm on my own.

Yes but it relies on us getting drawn at home, whereas everyone binning platinum saves fans money, and at the same time tells the club that we won't have the piss taken on prices. As a club there is no justification for any rises, whether or not ist small and people can afford it, and its going against the grain of what other clubs are doing too.

A social media protest campaign could get backing from say the FSF, and as others have posted platinum doesn't really benefit many these days anyway, so save £50 of your money. Incidentally it wouldn't help me as I've already dropped it, but get as many others to drop it, and we, the fans make a statement to the club.
Anyone who really doesn't need Platinum should drop it. Our kid has it and he's never been to an away game, apart from the Chelsea one this season when he was working round the corner from Stamford Bridge. If we assume that the 40k season tickets have gone up by £10, that's £400k over the season. If 4,000 people drop Platinum, that halves the additional revenue they gain.

I'll be dropping the CL scheme which loses them at least 3 tickets in the group stage at around £100. If we get to the last eight, that's probably closer to £180. So they're down between £80 and £160 on me alone. If just a couple of thousand also do the same, they'll lose another £160-320k. If 4,000 do it you can double that. So they could actually end up losing revenue because they've pissed people off for an utterly piddling amount. These ****s only understand money so that should be the weapon of choice to hit them with.

The irony is that, had prices stayed the same, I'd have stayed on all the cup schemes and was seriously considering going back on Platinum.

Everton 17/18 ST prices:

etwdhi.jpg

HH Sheikh Mansour invested in City as a strategic vehicle to raise awareness of the wonderful Emirate of Abu Dhabi & to drive tourism through ETIHAD Airline.

He's subsequently transformed the club & helped bring us moments & trophies that were a pipe dream only 8 years ago.

But it is a business. Every Kevin.Leroy,JS,& Jesus has to be paid for.

Ged Brannan or Laurent Charvett anyone ?

Fuck me
You expect us to spend £200m this summer and moan about 15 quid
Since the sheikhs takeover we have spent shed loads and won two titles two league cups an fa cup
We see good football top players etc
Some people just moan about anything
We've already said the extra revenue will probably be no more than £400,000 for the whole season and may be offset in whole or part by people dropping cup schemes and Platinum. Will either of you (or anyone else spouting the same shite) please explain to me what £200k over a year will deny us as I'm dying to know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.