Would anyone be willing to boycott a game?

City fans just won't protest, we had all this when they charged us out of the arse to watch PSG, they then 'rewarded' the outcry by freezing prices for the next round...big whoop.

I feel some kind of walk out is necessary, they don't seem to get the message, but I fear City fans just won't.

Just a thought but if people really want to make a significant protest, why not get a twitter campaign going for people to drop Platinum ? For most its now pointless, as fewer and fewer tickets are going to genuine fans, and if the campaign got full support nobody would be worse off ticket points wise.

It would have the effect that City would see it was a genuine fan protest against a ticket price hike, it would take away any extra money that City think they can make from these price rises, and it doesn't stop people supporting the club as they always have. I don't use twitter, but it would be easy to start with something like #mcfcdropplatinum, I'm sure someone could think of something better.

A proper protest, and obvious to the City suits that many aren't happy about the way real fans are being treated.

Spot on with that Cleavers. I've had 'platinum' since its inception, yet the number of away games I've missed out on has increased every season, to the point that I can now write off trips to the Swamp, Stamford Bridge, Spurs and Dipperland before the season's even begun

Spot on with that Cleavers. I've had 'platinum' since its inception, yet the number of away games I've missed out on has increased every season, to the point that I can now write off trips to the Swamp, Stamford Bridge, Spurs and Dipperland before the season's even begun
Well as a serious protest that will hit them in the pocket, I think its the best possible protest. We'll never get a game boycott, and leaving early won't be a protest either, even not coming in until say 20 minutes won't work.

But a concerted campaign for everyone to drop Platinum this summer, hits them in the pocket, it makes a stand, and it hurts no fans in regards away tickets.

The last home game is the last match I would think of boycotting (I won't be there, because I physically can't be, on that night). It's very probably the chance to say goodbye to Zabman, who has been one of the finest servants this club has seen. Even if he isn't picked, I would expect him to come out onto the pitch to take the applause. It may also be goodbye to Yaya.

You do know that several thousand ticket prices have remained the same, some have even reduced, along with U16 prices being extended to include U18's, and U21's still saving substantially on adult prices with OAP's still less than half price, and apart from a couple of thousand high end seats, most have only increased by less than a quid per game, with a freeze last year. Do you really think there will be a ground swell of support for such action. I for one will be taking my son to next seasons games for less than £50 per game, bargain. The club will lose money overall with this slight increase, particularly when we have a choice as to whether you go Gold or Platinum, they don't force you there, nor do they do so with joining cup schemes. The real losers here are the high end seat occupiers on the second tier East and West stands, some of them have been wolloped again, but as ever, they have a choice, and the club have sought feedback via online questionaires regard various matters involving prices etc. I've certainly seen them and responded. There are unbelievable times ahead, be part of it as a supporter, or just be a fan...?!

The club will lose money overall with this slight increase, particularly when we have a choice as to whether you go Gold or Platinum, they don't force you there, nor do they do so with joining cup schemes.
And this is where a protest should be aimed, if everyone scraps Platinum they lose money, and it can be championed as the fans reacting to price rises. Dropping cup schemes only makes a difference if we get drawn at home, which we rarely do these days.

As one of the poorest fanbases in the country, and with PL clubs richer than they've ever been, why don't we as a collective show them what football is like when you price out the fans?

My season ticket has gone up £15. It's not a lot, but why do the club need it? What's an extra 500k off a fanbase?

I'll most likely be on my own with this, but I'm considering not attending the West Brom game. I never thought it would come to this, but the disconnect is wider than ever, and after reading about how Pep wants the atmosphere to change, for the club to do this is another kick in the teeth.

Football is nothing without fans.
20 years ago, I would agree with you, but the football we watched and enjoyed then was a sport. Today it is more like a commercial enterprise where revenue is the master. The game has moved on, some will like and others will not, but for me, that is where I think it is at today

I'll be there in the family stand surrounded by blue empty seats as the bods who all had free diaries last Thursday night suddenly find they cant make this particular evening.... amazing how often this happens... just an incredible coincidence i guess.

If my s/t goes up £15 to £395 that's less than I paid first season at the city of Manchester stadium (£480) £85 cheaper 14 years on and just going up under a £ a game can not wait for next season was going down to ss1 but I've read a post were the lad has been waiting 2 years and to relocate you have to renew your original seat then wait so we're staying up in SS3 MCFC CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.