'Wow' Moments in Video Games

Goldeneye when you could hide in the walls/ vents.
Battlefield 3 online.
Fifa 98 on the N64.
Diving on this is football.
Cod 4 overgrown and pipeline online.
USM98.
Gears of War when general raam first appears.

tidyman said:
WOW.

There are grown men who play video games?

There are grown men who listen to music and watch tv/film, why would video games be any different? It's all art, some video games have scores, characters and storyline's better than most movies.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Zelda Ocarina of Time - the bit where you got to the large field and you could actually walk to the castle in the distance. First game I played where the sun set and rose.

Zelda Ocarina of Time is a genius game.

There are many "wow" moments in this game - the one you state, some of the tunes you learn to play.

Most wow moments for me are when you realise just how vast the game is.

Way ahead of its time.

(I can feel an emulator session coming on tomorrow!!)

Early Resident Evil game (2 maybe?) pottering about minding my own business when big **** comes crashing through the wall scaring the shit out of me.

(was more of a 'wow, cant believe that big **** just crashed through the wall, where the fuck do I run' moment ;)

Running into Ironforge in World of Warcraft, I know the game gets a lot of grief but the worlds blizzard have created are straight out of the fantasy books.
Tomb raider on the PS1 with the music and it panning round as you first go into an area and the Trex showing up.

Ultima Underworld 2 - I was totally unprepared for the immersion of a multi-dimensional gaming environment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.