'Wow' Moments in Video Games

adrianr said:
Shooting an NPC in Half Life 2. I remember watching him crumple to the floor and just thinking 'Christ.. I've never shot someone, but that's exactly how I'd imagine they would fall'. To be honest the ragdoll physics in that game are still some of the best around even today. The whole game was such a feat, especially considering the hype and pressure of the franchise.

First time playing Halo, looking off into the distance seeing the ring rise up and over your head.

Final fantasy 7 and the scale of the game, same with GTA San Andreas, The moment the helicopter crashes in COD MW1 and the sniper mission in the same game, the sheer beauty of Elder scrolls oblivion,at the time breath taking and also many moments in World of Warcraft and many epic battles.

AntiUnited said:
my best gaming moment when I used to play. WOW. killing muru in SWP and 25 man ragneros heroic (hardest boss ever in game) also that phyco mantis fight was fantastic

I started playing bc, Rag hc was a pain in the arse fight, could never do 25 man as my comp used to crash, was realm 1st 10 man alone in the darkness in ulduar and tribute to madness in totc but they never recognised 10m achieves back then, have not played for about 8 months now but might go back for the new exp. next year.

COD 4 online, Fifa 2003, Fifa 2008 the first I got on the 360, N64 Goldeneye, GTA 3.

I remember the first time I saw a console, it was a sega megadrive and I was very very young. I remember being completely blown away because I didn't know they existed, I must have been about 4/5.

Getting through the penultimate level at Quake II. Long time ago now and recall the final level was a b*stard but somehow the penultimate stood out in my mind. The landscape was awesome. Like a giant pin-ball machine or something. When you were struggling on the final level you could seek cover in a lift which would take you down back to the penultimate but if you weren't careful aliens would follow you down in the adjacent lifts or follow you back up.

It was the first 'first person shooter' I ever played and I haven't seen a better one since. It was way ahead of its time.

nearly every time i play BF4 i see something weird and wonderful ;)

saw a guy the other day drop C4 on a chopper as he was parachuting down

or a guy other day shoot chopper pilot then parachute into the free falling chopper and steal it

you cant beat the feeling of watching a fully loaded enemy vehicle come in as you are prepping your C4. other day i C4'd the amtrack taking out driver, then shot 2 of his mates with rifle as they bailed out, 2 with pistol and knifed the last guy

the last guy i knifed was my mate i play online with, ripping the piss out of him on voice comms

the latest AC4 is very pretty too, im trying to hold of playing it until i finish for xmas in 2 weeks, but im failing miserably

also, got to mention skyrim on PC for the sheer scale of the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.