Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give him a break it was his first appearance. I know he has little mobility these days but can still play a part. Next Saturday is a good case in point.
He is more likely to cause Palace problems with his passing and shooting then Ferno. This gives Agent F a rest for the next two games.
That aside he never took control of the middle or showed any leadership and calmed the kids down when they lost their heads,in short he didn't seem to give a shit

As long as he remains mentally up for the fight I think in the second half of the season he will be shown to be be pivotal in our title push.

To be able to rest Fernandinho for the key games will be huge in that run-in from February onwards.

Yaya for me... is more and more "out of gas" - unable to move quickly into position whether on attack or needing to press/cut off passing options.

He remains capable of killer passes though - and so might play a Pirlo role if given protection. But that doesn't seem to be the way Pep plays.

So, for me, Yaya, is past his prime, and will make appearances only in dire circumstances or in meaningless games/games we have won.

And I don't think this is down to attitude - Yaya seems to care deeply about winning - but, either he's simply unable physically to play as Pep wants or hasn't trained sufficiently to get into shape - either way, Yaya isn't an asset to our side on the pitch currently.

Great to see him back and dictating the play. Seemed to touch the ball more than anyone when he came on and looked fairly sharp.

His legs genuinely dont move anymore lol

Still the man though.

68 touches of the ball and he was barely on the pitch. A productive cameo.

Absolutely and in the context of the game, he literally didn't have to do anything other than walk, collect the ball and keep it ticking over.

Just one last gut wrenching length of the field run and goal is all i want to see from the big man.

A legend. Last season at club for me and a little surprised he got a contract extension TBH.

His footballing skills are unquestionable but it's easy to see why he is not picked as a regular for matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.