Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

bluester17 said:
Part 2 (part 1 on page 178)…

The biggest debate is obviously whether Yaya should stay or leave. Personally, I think it’s simple. If indeed his agent has correctly represented his feelings, I think his position has become untenable. Whilst Tevez behaved very unprofessionally, at no time did he or Kia Joorabchian criticise the club’s hierarchy. We all know that if we vent our furore at our paymasters, it’ll be the perfect reason for them to get rid of us. Clearly, a meeting involving the likes of Ferran, Txiki, Khaldoon and Manuel will be held to discuss whether it would be in the club’s best interests to do so. Whatever their decision would be, we won’t be able to do anything formal about it.

However, if indeed Yaya’s agent has gone rogue, we would obviously like to see the player-agent relationship discontinued. Yaya may be advised by the club to get rid, but unfortunately, this phenomenon occurs far more in Football Manager than in real life. It’ll likely be a case of “language difficulties”, given that “mistranslation” is out of the question after the agent’s interviews with the media.

There’s also a debate over the importance of a player. I make the following statement regardless of how long one has been supporting MCFC – some fans will always maintain that loyalty is more important, while others feel that a player’s contribution on the pitch can never be forgotten. On one hand, we condemn players who leave for a higher salary or to a club with supposedly “greater history”, yet how many players in the current generation across all clubs will go on to become one-club-men? Even if they do want to leave, we expect them to leave gracefully and not plunge the club into an undignified mess, yet many recent major transfers have been as such.

Some have called Yaya a legend, a term which none of the current batch deserve to be bestowed with until they’re aged 50. Personally, the only active player I’d call a legend would be Francesco Totti. Simply put, Yaya is a very good player who’s helped us win trophies, but he’s not even indispendable, yet alone legendary. I think all supporters would agree that no single person (in this case, not even Sheikh Mansour) is bigger than the club. Real Madrid will still be Real Madrid without Ronaldo. Barca will still be Barca without Messi. Even if there comes a day when Sheikh Mansour sells the club, the club will continue to exist without him.

Are you trying to ruin this thread? You speak far too wisely.
This topic was much funnier some 100 pages ago. Or maybe it's just that I ate all popcorns. Ah well, time to go to bed, it's been fun day

Dunne's own goal said:
bluester17 said:
Part 2 (part 1 on page 178)…

The biggest debate is obviously whether Yaya should stay or leave. Personally, I think it’s simple. If indeed his agent has correctly represented his feelings, I think his position has become untenable. Whilst Tevez behaved very unprofessionally, at no time did he or Kia Joorabchian criticise the club’s hierarchy. We all know that if we vent our furore at our paymasters, it’ll be the perfect reason for them to get rid of us. Clearly, a meeting involving the likes of Ferran, Txiki, Khaldoon and Manuel will be held to discuss whether it would be in the club’s best interests to do so. Whatever their decision would be, we won’t be able to do anything formal about it.

However, if indeed Yaya’s agent has gone rogue, we would obviously like to see the player-agent relationship discontinued. Yaya may be advised by the club to get rid, but unfortunately, this phenomenon occurs far more in Football Manager than in real life. It’ll likely be a case of “language difficulties”, given that “mistranslation” is out of the question after the agent’s interviews with the media.

There’s also a debate over the importance of a player. I make the following statement regardless of how long one has been supporting MCFC – some fans will always maintain that loyalty is more important, while others feel that a player’s contribution on the pitch can never be forgotten. On one hand, we condemn players who leave for a higher salary or to a club with supposedly “greater history”, yet how many players in the current generation across all clubs will go on to become one-club-men? Even if they do want to leave, we expect them to leave gracefully and not plunge the club into an undignified mess, yet many recent major transfers have been as such.

Some have called Yaya a legend, a term which none of the current batch deserve to be bestowed with until they’re aged 50. Personally, the only active player I’d call a legend would be Francesco Totti. Simply put, Yaya is a very good player who’s helped us win trophies, but he’s not even indispendable, yet alone legendary. I think all supporters would agree that no single person (in this case, not even Sheikh Mansour) is bigger than the club. Real Madrid will still be Real Madrid without Ronaldo. Barca will still be Barca without Messi. Even if there comes a day when Sheikh Mansour sells the club, the club will continue to exist without him.

Are you trying to ruin this thread? You speak far too wisely.
This topic was much funnier some 100 pages ago. Or maybe it's just that I ate all popcorns. Ah well, time to go to bed, it's been fun day

OMG bed time ....

Puppet Master Silva said:
Chippy_boy said:
Stop posting as if that's a fact.

It is a fact.

Then why hasn't he come out and said it?

Any number of reasons. Maybe he's asleep? It is the middle of the night in Qatar or wherever he is.

My personal view is that Seluk is pulling the strings and has told Yaya to shut the fuck up, trust me, i know what I am doing etc etc and leave the twitter business to me. And like a pillock, Yaya's gone along with it.

BBC now reporting some quotes from Yaya. Are these new?

Yaya Toure has fuelled talk of a possible departure from Manchester City by saying he does not know who he will be playing for next season.
The midfielder's agent, Dimitri Seluk, indicated he could leave because he felt he had been treated with a lack of respect by the club's owners.
Now Toure, 31, has said "everything is open" when it comes to his future.

We don't know tomorrow, but my focus is on the World Cup and at the end of the World Cup we will see what happens

Yaya Toure
Asked if he could be playing for another club, he replied: "Yes. We never know in football. We never know."
In an interview with global broadcaster beIN SPORTS, the Ivory Coast star added: "Because of the brilliant season Man City have had, everybody is talking about me and everything is open.
"My agent, Dimitri, is always on the phone and he knows what he has to do because I trust him a lot.
"We don't know tomorrow, but my focus is on the World Cup and at the end of the World Cup we will see what happens."
Toure signed a new four-year contract with City in April last year.
However, his future was thrown into doubt when his agent claimed that City's owners showed him a lack of respect on his 31st birthday.
Play media

Toure receives birthday cake
Seluk told BBC Sport that Toure was "very upset" and could leave City.
Toure initially played down the row on Twitter, writing: "Don't take words that do not come from my mouth seriously."
But he then posted a message that read: "Everything Dimitri said is true. He speaks for me. I will explain after the World Cup."
Toure has been an influential player for City since he joined the club from Barcelona in 2010.
His goals and leadership helped the club win the League Cup and Premier League title this season.
The Ivory Coast are one of 32 teams competing in the World Cup and have been drawn in group C alongside Colombia, Greece and Japan.

Didcot Town trying to lure Yaya.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/didcottownfc/statuses/468782569631129600" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/didcottownfc/status ... 9631129600</a>

Left black 8 said:
He wanted more credit, more praise in the media and in football generally. Even said he might not getting it because he is black.

Now he is a laughing stock and it will be hard for him to make football fans forget this awful "cake story" about him.

If he doesnt come out tomorrow with a clear statement that Seluk is a crazy psycho then he agrees with him pretty much.

That twatter thing just made it worst, first he says dont listen to Seluk, the birthday card just lost in the post, then he writes Seluk is right and he will say more after the WC. What a joke.

His brother Kolo has got through far worse and even had a dance/song named after him

forevermancity said:
Chippy_boy said:
forevermancity said:
What don't you actually get here? You have posted the same post a few times now.

Yaya has heard what his agent has said and has said "he speaks for me". Pretty damning if you ask me.

The owner and chairman will feel deeply disrespected, no wonder the fans do too

He didn't tweet that - his agent tweeted it, pretending to be Yaya.

Of course he did

If you did even the most trivial inspection and thinking about it, you would know he did not.

Chippy_boy said:
Chippy_boy said:
It is a fact.

Then why hasn't he come out and said it?

Any number of reasons. Maybe he's asleep? It is the middle of the night in Qatar or wherever he is.

My personal view is that Seluk is pulling the strings and has told Yaya to shut the fuck up, trust me, i know what I am doing etc etc and leave the twitter business to me. And like a pillock, Yaya's gone along with it.
Problem with that is, I doubt Yaya is as gullible as you are

Ok just heard the agent on Sky Sports news. Did I hear him say?

"Ok it's not about money we negotiated with a club for less fee but more attention!"

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Fucking daft.

Suspect the club will be pissed off with Toure as well. Rightfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.