Yes or no, do you hate international football?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I wasnt arguing that. My point was people just mindlessly blame the FA for the international fixture list when it has jack all to do with them what dates the international breaks are on. People with players in the team should be happy we play most of our friendlies at Wembley as it saves sending players half way round the world and coming back knackered
We should be happy they're playing because they're playing at Wembley versus not playing at all? I don't see the point of exposing them to the risk of injury in a meaningless match when it's the clubs who pay the transfer fees and wages. If international break means a week's rest and returning uninjured that's what I'll take.

Jumanji said:
Don't mind international football but I can't stand what's supposed to be my national team.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7zjhYKkOW0[/youtube]

Give that man a medal.

No and I doubt most English people would if we had a side we could be proud of - but we really haven't since about 1990.

I find myself apathetic and at times depressed watching England but I hate what our national team has become, not the concept of international football. I find international breaks boring now because my country is so depressing but find it arrogant when people call for the end of it because the majority countries are proud of their national team and enjoy watching them and England isn't the centre of the world anymore.

Watching Italia 90 on tele stands out as one of the most memorable experiences of my childhood because there were so many characters but also because we had a team of lionhearts who really gave it their all under a great manager.

I do think England will be great again one day, it is only a matter of time before grassroots football is overhauled and already many clubs/academies are vastly improving their coaching of kids from a very young age so we can only hope for more Wilshere and McEachran types in future instead of overhyped one dimensional players like Henderson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.