Yevhen Konoplyanka

citizens_1976

I know he is not a massive name, but if he is going on a free, shouldn't we take a punt on him? Would represent good value considering he would not cost us anything, so we would not lose out on anything.

He is a big upgrade on Navas, can actually beat his man and is a goal threat. He can actually shoot with both feet unlike Navas as well. Just wondered what you guys think?

I'd take him on a free if we could sell Navas problem is no one seems interested in Navas and we won't need both and possibilly Lopes , Sterling and De Bryune

If he goes to Stoke, it would be an insult. He is a player good enough for one of the champions league sides. On a free transfer, it is definitely worth the gamble, the lad is a raw talent.

Apparently his wage demands are comically atsronomical. From what I've seen of him, you have to build your team around him to get the best out of him, like a Bale or Hulk, but he's not good enough for a top side to do that with. Stoke sounds about right for him, maybe slightly higher if someone like Spurs or Everton were willing to gamble on him. Liverpool were linked for a long time, but I can't see their cheapskate owners wanting to offer him huge wages

Apparently his wage demands are comically atsronomical. From what I've seen of him, you have to build your team around him to get the best out of him, like a Bale or Hulk, but he's not good enough for a top side to do that with. Stoke sounds about right for him, maybe slightly higher if someone like Spurs or Everton were willing to gamble on him. Liverpool were linked for a long time, but I can't see their cheapskate owners wanting to offer him huge wages

But on a free transfer? He is worth at least 80-90k in wages if thats what we are paying Navas, especially considering that all we will be paying is wages and not a transfer fee. I do agree that he does need the side to be built around him, but if he was to be nurtured and trained correctly, he could be a gem. Playing with players like Silva and Aguero will only develop him as a player. Plus, on the counter attack, he would offer us that electric pace, especially in Europe where we look so one dimensional. He is a diamond in the ruff, an unpolished diamond with all the tools to be a top quality player. At least he would make a very good impact player coming off the bench.

But on a free transfer? He is worth at least 80-90k in wages if thats what we are paying Navas, especially considering that all we will be paying is wages and not a transfer fee. I do agree that he does need the side to be built around him, but if he was to be nurtured and trained correctly, he could be a gem. Playing with players like Silva and Aguero will only develop him as a player. Plus, on the counter attack, he would offer us that electric pace, especially in Europe where we look so one dimensional. He is a diamond in the ruff, an unpolished diamond with all the tools to be a top quality player. At least he would make a very good impact player coming off the bench.
He strikes me as a guy who likes being the star, the big fish in a small pond. I can't see him coming here to be an impact sub. If you're going to have that sort of player, who pretty much wanders around doing as they please and only passing when they absolutely have to, I think they have to be a lot better than Konoplyanka. We already have Jovetic, who is that same sort of not quite top level player who always wants to try that hard thing, and it hasn't worked at all.

He strikes me as a guy who likes being the star, the big fish in a small pond. I can't see him coming here to be an impact sub. If you're going to have that sort of player, who pretty much wanders around doing as they please and only passing when they absolutely have to, I think they have to be a lot better than Konoplyanka. We already have Jovetic, who is that same sort of not quite top level player who always wants to try that hard thing, and it hasn't worked at all.

But on a free transfer, it is worth the risk. Jovetic was a brilliant young player especially before his injury at Fiorentina and although still a very good player now, it just hasn't worked out for him at City. Too many niggly injuries and hasn't been able to get a good run in the side. If we could move Jovetic on for almost 20m and sign Konoplyanka on a free, it would represent good business. Even if we were to sign this man, i would still want other signings in the door like De Bruyne/Reus/Sterling etc. We have to improve the depth of our squad and shovel the shit out of it. Konoplyanka will want to be the main man of any team, but we can offer him a lot more than other clubs that are currently in for him, a chance at winning trophies, playing CL regularly and playing alongside great players. He might be one of them signings that we look back at the end of next season and think... Fuck... i wish we had just taken a chance on him. Might as well do that now whilst he is on the market for nothing.

Without any doubt, quality player who would offer us something else, I like the fact that he likes a pop from distance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.