York away

Prestwich_Blue

Couldn't help but chuckle yesterday when I was driving ack from Newcastle and heard te Bristol Rovers had sacked their manager, Mark McGhee, after losing at York and slipping into the league 2 relegation zone.

As it was virtually 14 years to the day since our infamous away-day there, will Bristol Rovers fans look back on yesterday in the same way as we do?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Couldn't help but chuckle yesterday when I was driving ack from Newcastle and heard te Bristol Rovers had sacked their manager, Mark McGhee, after losing at York and slipping into the league 2 relegation zone.

As it was virtually 14 years to the day since our infamous away-day there, will Bristol Rovers fans look back on yesterday in the same way as we do?
Bet Rovers didnt have 50,000 fans there

But were you there ? You are simply not allowed to start a thread about York away without stating (or lying about) whether you were there or not. For my part I was. (cue smug grin)

Bristol Rovers are one of the few teams in England that I don't bare a grudge against. Hopefully in 14 years time a Rovers player can score an injury time winner on the Season's Final day to pip Scum and their 84 year old Manager to the Premiership Title.

I also agree with Underpants they wont have 50,000 fans like me who were there. ( another smug grin)

Out of interest, how many people went to the bristol rovers away game that season. 2-2 and Shaun goater got racially abused all day long.

Shittest bunch of inbred fans I have ever had to encounter. Bristol Rovers, that is, not York.

The_mace said:
Out of interest, how many people went to the bristol rovers away game that season. 2-2 and Shaun goater got racially abused all day long.

We didn't get too many tickets for that, not much more than 1,000 IIRC, a few seats and that section of paddock down the side. Remember the goat cupping his ear at the Rovers fans after scoring- was it racist abuse or just because he was ex-Bristol City? A good day out despite blowing a 2 goal lead in typical City fashion.

The_mace said:

I went to Bristol Rovers but I didn't racially abuse Shaun !

ifiwasarichfan said:
Bristol Rovers are one of the few teams in England that I don't bare a grudge against. Hopefully in 14 years time a Rovers player can score an injury time winner on the Season's Final day to pip Scum and their 84 year old Manager to the Premiership Title.

I also agree with Underpants they wont have 50,000 fans like me who were there. ( another smug grin)
I was there (another smug grin)

Blue Mist said:
The_mace said:

I went to Bristol Rovers but I didn't racially abuse Shaun !
I went to Bristol....there was a fair few there but not 50,000...memorable for me as my mate spent the day before getting pissed in Weston Super Mare got sunstroke and missed the match

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.