York away

blue underpants said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Bristol Rovers are one of the few teams in England that I don't bare a grudge against. Hopefully in 14 years time a Rovers player can score an injury time winner on the Season's Final day to pip Scum and their 84 year old Manager to the Premiership Title.

I also agree with Underpants they wont have 50,000 fans like me who were there. ( another smug grin)
I was there (another smug grin)

I watched it on telly, for some reason it was the live game.

I was at Bristol Rovers for the 2-2 (as well as the League Cup game at Bath City's Twerton Park in 1992).

Was a great day, went with the Hollinwood branch and met up with the Cheltenham branch before and after the game in some nightclub as the game was a 6pm kick off

blue underpants said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Couldn't help but chuckle yesterday when I was driving ack from Newcastle and heard te Bristol Rovers had sacked their manager, Mark McGhee, after losing at York and slipping into the league 2 relegation zone.

As it was virtually 14 years to the day since our infamous away-day there, will Bristol Rovers fans look back on yesterday in the same way as we do?
Bet Rovers didnt have 50,000 fans there

50000? And the fucking rest! Roads were still choked for a fortnight after wi' City fans trying to get back home to Rusholme!

The_mace said:
Out of interest, how many people went to the bristol rovers away game that season. 2-2 and Shaun goater got racially abused all day long.
Me, we only had 800 tickets and you had to have 16 away stubbs to get a ticket. I think it was played on a Saturday night.

bridgeblue said:
The_mace said:
Out of interest, how many people went to the bristol rovers away game that season. 2-2 and Shaun goater got racially abused all day long.
Me, we only had 800 tickets and you had to have 16 away stubbs to get a ticket. I think it was played on a Saturday night.
It was and weirdly it was a 6 oclock KO, bloody warm down apple crunching country as well

York away was for the lightweights. It was a weekend game - any one could get to it.
Wycombe away was for the true hardcore blues. Miles away from anywhere, mid-week, pissing down, hardly any tickets available. If you were there you have paid your dues...

TGR said:
York away was for the lightweights. It was a weekend game - any one could get to it.
Wycombe away was for the true hardcore blues. Miles away from anywhere, mid-week, pissing down, hardly any tickets available. If you were there you have paid your dues...
Must admit i missed that one

I was in the rovers end. Full of inbred cunts. Nothing has changed since!
It's amazing when you think that was only 13 years ago.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Couldn't help but chuckle yesterday when I was driving ack from Newcastle and heard te Bristol Rovers had sacked their manager, Mark McGhee, after losing at York and slipping into the league 2 relegation zone.

As it was virtually 14 years to the day since our infamous away-day there, will Bristol Rovers fans look back on yesterday in the same way as we do?
Before 2008 doesn't count, didn't happen. Your loosing it;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.