3. Silva
4. Tevez
5. Silva
6. Lake
7. Silva
8. Goater
9. Silver
10. Kompany

I am old enough to have watched live the 1968 team including Colin Bell however he has now been overtaken as my number 1.
10. Trevor Francis
9. Paul Lake
8. Gareth Barry
7. Pablo Zabaleta
6. Dave Watson
5. Ali Benarbia
4. Kevin Debruyne
3. Colin Bell
2. Sergio Aguero
1. David Silva
I'll probably have a lot of people disagree but it's what I think!
Love that list, not one can be questioned, that’s why all this is magnificently subjective I regret I had no space for Zabba or benarbia and Watson is a right pick, I didn’t pick Komps either but yeah, Watson trumps him I think, just. kdb needs to do what he’s doing now for a few more seasons and he’ll hit Top 5 for sure

It’s interesting your top two match mine, makes me wonder if generally speaking the king of the kippax has been deposed and we’ll soon have a David Silva stand ;)

Some dipper was boring the tits off me going on about Gerrard being better than Scholes last night. Shot him down with Silva being better than the pair of them. If Silva played for the rags he’d be a b’allon dor nominee it’s criminal the lack of recognition he doesn’t get in this country.

Top 10, best or favourite?
1. Silva
2. Aguero
3. Kompany
4. Yaya
5. Tevez
6. De Jong
7. Watson
8. KDB
9. Corrigan
10. Dzeko

These are the best, subjectively, not my favourites. I'm too young for Lee Bell etc. And for most of my life its been average/poor City teams. Some players like the Goat and Zabba were great for us but not great fullstop.
I also think that in 2-3 years time this list could contain 5-6 player's from the current team not already in it (Sane, Sterling, Mendy, Ederson, Stones, Jesus).

I also understand that Dzeko my not be everyone's cup of tea, but his record both with us and without is exceptional.

There have also been great players who played for us at the end/beginning of their career but weren't great with us, they've not made the cut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.