Your worst City player

No matter how bad any of the above were, they were signed by some absolute tosspot of a manager who thought they would improve the team. A manager employed by some tosspot board/chairman who thought his appointment was correct.
WE should all get a medal of some sort for putting up with such utter, total, complete shite for so long. Then, we should all be sectioned - we're beyond redemption.

I hated Corradi. Tal Ben Haim was up there too.

Mills takes the biscuit though. The bald, freeloading, chancing twat.

Negoui, Bischoff and Vuoso have to be up there for hardly even playing.

It's all about opinions obviously, but having watched City since 1985 Dickov is not in the worst 50 players I've seen - let alone close to being the worst. He's not even in worst 30 strikers. Are you are honestly telling me that you think that he was a worse striker than

Craig Russell
Gerry Creaney
Barry Conlon
Nigel Clough
Ray Kelly
Mark Robins
Carl Shutt
Michael Branch
Lee Peacock
Lee Mills
Leon Mike
Chris Shuker
Sergio Aguero
Emily Ostenstad
Bernado Corradi

Etc etc?
Think you're right there

Nowhere near? Come on mate, be realistic.

Any player who played in the City team in the 3rd division is in with a shout of being our worst player ever.

It's only sentimentality that stops Dickov being widely considered among our worst ever players.

Ask some of your mates who don't support City what they thought of Dickov as a footballer. See if any of them can think of an attribute other than work rate.
Nowhere near is right. I'm not sentimental at all, he was never one of my favourites. We've had some very base level players ability wise over the years that Dickov was way above before we even consider his commitment. I won't need to ask my more ignorant mates of his ability as I'm capable of making an objective view myself. Dickovs physical attributes counted against him. Clearly lacking in height and presence he could neither rely on blistering pace and was never going to be prolific (although as a youth player apparently he had some and ask any arsenal fan about his record and prospects as one of their youth players). Smaller strikers rely on pace - look at Owen and Fowler when they lost theirs. The obvious example of Dickovs abilities is to use the Wembley finish, less accomplished players mess those huge moments up. They fluff their lines when the pressure is on. His finish is a big indicator of a certain amount of ability at the very least. To use a more mundane example, I remember an opening goal at The Dell (in a 2-0 premier league win). He had to smartly bend his run to spring the offside trap (his pace alone couldn't do this) and then take his shot on early from outside the box to catch the goalie unawares and before the defence goat back at him. He executed this perfectly finding the corner. Only player of good level of ability could score such a goal in the top flight. Also a lot of the Goats space came from his tireless work that kept defenders busy.

Whilst clearly limited, im gobsmacked that he's mentioned here. Is it an embarrassed denial of our dark days when lesser players were championed? What a luxury we have now. Yes we had some planks in the day and before that, to put Dickov amongst them is short sighted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.