Zero points for a 0-0

You shouldn't be penalised for keeping a clean sheet but I've thought in the past about having a bonus point for scoring 3 or more goals perhaps

This would be too harsh on the smaller clubs. Some smaller clubs face the bigger clubs, and fight really, really hard for a 0-0, and to suggest they should get no reward for that is very, very harsh. Also, why should they have to attack? And, not only that, should managers of smaller clubs really be that arsed about entertaining people? They have to do what is best to keep their team in the division, and, if that is coming to the bigger clubs and sitting back, then why not?

I'v said this for years, well done robbo for bringing it up. Football is supposed to be entertaining.

Superbia said:
You shouldn't be penalised for keeping a clean sheet but I've thought in the past about having a bonus point for scoring 3 or more goals perhaps
I must admit,this is pretty close to what I'd like.Any more than a 2 goal advantage deserves an extra point.Likewise a team on the losing side of a 4-3 or something deserves a point.

I would go for this.

Other rule changes would be;

From a foul you are only allowed three men behind the ball as the defending team. A free kick should be an advantage, often it is only advantagous to the team who commit the foul particularly if the attacking team are on a break.

No passing back over the half way line.

Stop the clock when the ball is not in play in the last ten minutes.

Football has changed in recent years and the rules must change as well to allow them to catch up with some of the negativity and cheating which has been slowly introduced to our game.

it is one's enterpretation of "entertainment" here... Some may like fast paced action movies, others may like psychological thrillers.

I like goals, but my attraction to Goals is that they don't come as often, if teams were encouraged to play less defensively and score regularly the appreciation for goals would lower.

5-a-side football is an example, Regularly games are like 10-5 or 14-2 or something like this yet I never find this any more entertaining than a 0-0 game.

The atmosphere at matches pisses all over the atmosphere at NBA games, when someone scores over there i still hear voices like: hey man gimme a hotdog, or you got any beer?
same with NHL, the atmosphere at ice hockey games destroys the basketball atmosphere because it is so much harder to actually score... So the intensity and frustration of trying to score hypes up the crowd and when they finally score: it goes wild.

johnny on the spot said:
Dunno, lesser teams do deserve something when carving out a good performance against superior opposition. If Blackpool just went for it every week, they'd end up getting battered every week. There's a reason West Brom have yo-yo'd season after season.

1 for a goalless draw
2 for a score draw
3 for a win
?

With only a point difference there's not much incentive for a drawing team at 1-1 to try for a winner especially at an away game surely dude?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.