Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe the crap being posted on here our owners have dragged us up from pits of mediocrity and turned us into one the best clubs in Europe over taken the rags in just 8 years and now are bringing the facilities up to those of the best stadium in the world and all you do is moan and whine. I had to move seats when my old one was made corporate when they extended the South Stand. Have a great seat in East Level three, perhaps you prefer the bad old days of yo yoing from one league to another. I don't care where I sit as long as I can watch the likes David Silva, Sergio and the rest. What do you wont ? Shut up moaning and enjoy the best era in the clubs history.

Can't believe the crap being posted on here our owners have dragged us up from pits of mediocrity and turned us into one the best clubs in Europe over taken the rags in just 8 years and now are bringing the facilities up to those of the best stadium in the world and all you do is moan and whine. I had to move seats when my old one was made corporate when they extended the South Stand. Have a great seat in East Level three, perhaps you prefer the bad old days of yo yoing from one league to another. I don't care where I sit as long as I can watch the likes David Silva, Sergio and the rest. What do you wont ? Shut up moaning and enjoy the best era in the clubs history.

I think the lack of notice with seat relocations is a piss take. The Club need to find good alternative seats for our fans. That said, i agree with much of what you say. It is a golden era for our Club.

We whinge when it affects our own seats. I just moved without complaint from the North Stand when I could see we needed to expand our younger fan base. I was more pissed off when my seat was going to become £1,750 when the warning emails said "from" £1,150 so I moved to a cheaper seat.

Most of the posters on here didn't give a toss when the sort of changes affecting Level 1 affected Level 2.

Also the atmosphere was lost well before the expansion of Corporate seats in the Etihad. It has been good to hear more support for the lads in recent games and the excellent 1894 flat displays.

I think the lack of notice with seat relocations is a piss take. The Club need to find good alternative seats for our fans. That said, i agree with much of what you say. It is a golden era for our Club.

We whinge when it affects our own seats. I just moved without complaint from the North Stand when I could see we needed to expand our younger fan base. I was more pissed off when my seat was going to become £1,750 when the warning emails said "from" £1,150 so I moved to a cheaper seat.

Most of the posters on here didn't give a toss when the sort of changes affecting Level 1 affected Level 2.

Also the atmosphere was lost well before the expansion of Corporate seats in the Etihad. It has been good to hear more support for the lads in recent games and the excellent 1894 flat displays.

I think we were e-mailed a couple of years before the South Stand was extended re corporate prices, not been effected by the tunnel work, how much notice did people get about relocating seats ? There are still quite a lot of decent seats all round the stadium that aren't taken by season tickets so people should get a decent seat. Unfortunately as the club expands there will be problems like this unfortunately those effected feel hard done too but still a small price to pay for where the owners won't to go. Was told that if it wasn't for the relations the club had with the City Council particularly in regards to the stadium lease the owners would have built a new stadium but decided it was more beneficial to expand and keep the Council on side for future expansion to the collar site.

If only the club would build thousands of cheap (say £299 a season) seats to make up for the few extra corporate seats, just can't see that happening really.

This thread has turned into living proof that you can't please all the people, all the time. Over the past 8/9 years, the Sheik has changed most of our lives and improved that pocket of Manchester immeasurably - yet we still have people whinging that our 55k seater stadium isn't as good as something that hasn't even been built yet!! YCNMIU.

Things to consider when discussing stadiums:
- Anything brand new will be referred to as being 'soulless'.
- Anything symmetrical will be seen as lacking 'character'.
- Are state if the art facilities worth paying premium prices?
- Older stadiums usually have terrible facilities in comparison (seat room, toilets, concourse space).
- They usually aren't symmetrical which makes them less appealing on the eyes.
- Transport can be poor if the stadium is expanded (because the infrastructure wasn't built to accommodate the extra 20k people).

If you asked everyone to mention what makes a good stadium, you'd get answers along the following lines:
Atmosphere,
History,
Aesthetics and look,
Transport,
Facilities,
Area around the ground.

Some people prefer tiered stands (Bernie), others would like giant stands (Dortmund). Some people would go for the history and what they've grown up watching on tele (Anfield) and others would like something that's more personal to themselves (Maine road).

The club will never please everyone, so they need to set clear objectives of what they want to do, if it's creating a better atmosphere, then they need to study what improves it and so on.
The number one thing a good stadium has to have is a large bottom tier. That's where the atmosphere is and when you have small bottom tiers it makes that atmosphere more difficult to create - the Etihad has a small bottom tier.

It is also very grey on the outside and that stupid banner at the South Stand with a load of people holding their phones up at a press conference is proper bobbins!

Other than that it's a nice enough stadium. Better than most, but not great, nowt special but we are lucky to have it. Could be a lot worse.

i hate that argument. i.e. if you are upset about say ticket prices or being forced out of your seat it means you want to go back to the old days.......... so you dont care that people are being moved with barely any notice or being treated badly ? you know it is possible to have say cheaper tickets, a club that doesnt treat some of our fans bad and still be successful. you'd be happy if the whole ground went corporate ? fans got forced out, but as long as we won stuff it wouldn't matter ? and we should just stop moaning.......

not everything the club does is amazing. there are plenty of things you can 'moan' about. you dont have to accept or like everything they do. its awesome what the owners have done for us, i enjoy the watching us now more then ever, but i dont bend over backwards and think everything they do is great. the complete lack of notice and the ever increasing corporate sections are two things i dont want.

Last edited:
Why has the building thread turned into a moan, rightly or wrongly, about were people sit, ticket price thread ? We have a glass tunnel thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.