Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top player but we are sorted in attack.I agree with Tevez City that attack has been a problem, but Sane and Jesus have since come in. I don't see us buying any forwards unless Aguero goes, and even then it's unlikely to be a top player as Jesus is nailed on to start
Are we? If I were a betting man, I'd say Aguero goes and you bring in Mbappe

Jesus, Sane, Sterling, Mbappe. Rotate the 4 and interchange them. Buy an older backup striker with Size you can bring in late as a long ball option. Then we'll be set.

Sane and Sterling should work in the summer on improving their finishing. Now you have 4 players all likely to score 15 or more.

i think we need more than 4

at least two full backs and at least one centre half if not 2 and a goal keeper.

Thats before you factor in the Yaya situation....if he leaves we need another midfielder and then Mbappe is the icing on the cake (along with Isco!)
I agree it will be more, I'm simply saying outside of fullback, none of the other positions are any more important than the others. Keeper if Willy is not resigned. But CB, CM etc are actually not more important than forward.

Can't agree tbh, he'd cost a fucking fortune and not even make our best 11. We've got bigger priorities, especially with Jesus coming back
We need a core 15, not 11. And I think he'll make the 11 by the way. Just don't want to suggest who he'll beat out. Thays the shot that gets me in trouble here :p

So now I just suggest who will should get. Once they become a City player the rest works itself out.

We need a core 15, not 11. And I think he'll make the 11 by the way. Just don't want to suggest who he'll beat out. Thays the shot that gets me in trouble here :p

So now I just suggest who will should get. Once they become a City player the rest works itself out.
My top 4 players would be Weigl (or someone to do that job), 2 fullbacks and a keeper. That's all for the starting 11 and absolutely crucial. Once that's sorted out, we can look at luxuries like depth in the wide/striker areas, but for me the biggest difference will come from getting the midfield and fullback areas right. Mbappe would be a very expensive icing on the cake, that I don't think we need. If we sell Aguero then it's different, but that wouldn't be anywhere near as high on my list of priorities as the other areas (as we are absolutely desperate for those other 4 positions)

My top 4 players would be Weigl (or someone to do that job), 2 fullbacks and a keeper. That's all for the starting 11 and absolutely crucial. Once that's sorted out, we can look at luxuries like depth in the wide/striker areas, but for me the biggest difference will come from getting the midfield and fullback areas right. Mbappe would be a very expensive icing on the cake, that I don't think we need. If we sell Aguero then it's different, but that wouldn't be anywhere near as high on my list of priorities as the other areas (as we are absolutely desperate for those other 4 positions)
You are right. At this time and based on who is out of contract and projected needs, I'd agree we need the 4 you mentioned. Don't think we need a DM though as a starter. In the current middle 3, we simply replace Yaya with Gundogan. Garcia replaces Nando and Delph. We add Isco and we are set at midfield. With 6 players.

Fullback and Goalie are the only real needs. An LB, an RB and a Goalie decision.. And our starting 11 is set.

You are right. At this time and based on who is out of contract and projected needs, I'd agree we need the 4 you mentioned. Don't think we need a DM though as a starter. In the current middle 3, we simply replace Yaya with Gundogan. Garcia replaces Nando and Delph. We add Isco and we are set at midfield. With 6 players.

Fullback and Goalie are the only real needs. An LB, an RB and a Goalie decision.. And our starting 11 is set.

I like to read your post Dax - but Central defence must also be an absolute must - We need someone with the leadership qualities of Komps to play alongside stones, wish it was komps but afraid he is gone and Otta is just not good enough for prem as ill disciplined positionally. Other than that I agree, I do think we will let Aguero go and another forward will come in (hope I'm wrong).

I like to read your post Dax - but Central defence must also be an absolute must - We need someone with the leadership qualities of Komps to play alongside stones, wish it was komps but afraid he is gone and Otta is just not good enough for prem as ill disciplined positionally. Other than that I agree, I do think we will let Aguero go and another forward will come in (hope I'm wrong).
I think Ota is grossly underrated. I know I'm amongst a very few who think he is very good. But I reckon with fuctional fullbacks Stones, Otamendi and Kolarov will be very good Centerbacks. Stones is the leader of that defense. Kolarov and Ota may be more Senior but Stones is its leader.

Leading comes to him more naturally. So I'm not so worried about CB unless we are looking for an Left footed upgrade to Kolarov. I don't think we need one.

Saw some footage of him (I think it was against Caen) and he's absolutely rapid, just shrugging off players whilst dribbling at full speed. Reminded me a bit of that Ronaldo goal where the defenders were pulling him back and he doesn't even break a sweat. That being said, I still think we should reinforce the defence and try and get Sanchez on the cheap/pre-contract and see how the kid pans out. We might have to pay an extra £30mil later, but he's 18, no-one knows how he'd handle the pressure.

On a side-note, would people say he's still developing physically?

Think He is soooo good and he is only 18. I think we need to go for him , just imagine him with Sane, Sterling and Jesus. But in my opinion he will replace Benzeme in Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.