Complaint to BBC regarding Pete the Badge

Are you lot serious? Someone mischievously titled a photo with the most innofensive epithet I can think of, the BBC inadvertently publish it leading to 130 pages of internet rage.
Then to crown it all and to defend the clubs bruised honour after this egregious slur, a city fan publishes an article on a popular football website which speculates that the fan in question might be suffering from some form of mental illness. It even throws a popular one in there without any knowledge at all about the fans medical history and without any consent from him.
Which is worse, being called Bertie or having your mental health speculated about on a football website?
Embarrassing and ill considered.

Outrage generated in the echo chamber of an internet forum isn't the real world.

I think the first couple of lines highlights your not too well versed on this topic. First of all it was not 'someone' but the BBC themselves who titled a photo and then published it. Even though, originally, they lied about it and claimed it was 'titled' by an external organisation only to be questioned upon this and have to backtrack their original claim.

As for an inofensive epithet surely you would agree 'Manchester city supporter', 'football fan', would all have been more inoffensive descriptions??Yet the BBC (not some lad bantz fanzine, twitter feed) chose to title the picture of an elderly City fan as 'Bertie' from Bertie the bitter blue a derogatory term used by a rival football club and by association describe him as one.

I am not a great believer in a lot what is wrote regarding an agenda but I can recognise when City fans are being insulted and yes I expect better from the national broadcaster than childishly ridiculing an elderly blue. If you genuinely think this is not unique please highlights all the other elderly members of the public the BBC has photographed and decided to ridicule? Of course they haven't because they know this is not acceptable practice unless you happen to be a football fan and in particular a City fan.

I think the first couple of lines highlights your not too well versed on this topic. First of all it was not 'someone' but the BBC themselves who titled a photo and then published it. Even though, originally, they lied about it and claimed it was 'titled' by an external organisation only to be questioned upon this and have to backtrack their original claim.

As for an inofensive epithet surely you would agree 'Manchester city supporter', 'football fan', would all have been more inoffensive descriptions??Yet the BBC (not some lad bantz fanzine, twitter feed) chose to title the picture of an elderly City fan as 'Bertie' from Bertie the bitter blue a derogatory term used by a rival football club and by association describe him as one.

I am not a great believer in a lot what is wrote regarding an agenda but I can recognise when City fans are being insulted and yes I expect better from the national broadcaster than childishly ridiculing an elderly blue. If you genuinely think this is not unique please highlights all the other elderly members of the public the BBC has photographed and decided to ridicule? Of course they haven't because they know this is not acceptable practice unless you happen to be a football fan and in particular a City fan.
Well said,couldn't have put it better myself ..

If you want to be amused look at McNulty's BBMUTVC report on their sport website the headline reads "City salvage a point" and then completely omits to mention the Milner foul on Sterling only referring to the incident as a missed opportunity by the player , but he is able to comment on the otto/sane coming together , do the BBC actually send a reporter to games nowadays or is the bias towards the Rag/Dippers so ingrained .

If you want to be amused look at McNulty's BBMUTVC report on their sport website the headline reads "City salvage a point" and then completely omits to mention the Milner foul on Sterling only referring to the incident as a missed opportunity by the player , but he is able to comment on the otto/sane coming together , do the BBC actually send a reporter to games nowadays or is the bias towards the Rag/Dippers so ingrained .
Think you have answered it with the last part of your post,it's all about appealing to a certain readership...

Says it all that someone as limited as McNulty has such a lofty title. Average halfwit full of his own bluster - if he said it was going dark of an evening I'd wait and see.

Um. it has this line:
"...while City were furious their penalty claims were ignored as Sterling went down under a challenge from Milner as he closed in on a finish in the six-yard area."

You've read the first mention, but no the one later on, unless it's been edited of course!

Um. it has this line:
"...while City were furious their penalty claims were ignored as Sterling went down under a challenge from Milner as he closed in on a finish in the six-yard area."

You've read the first mention, but no the one later on, unless it's been edited of course!
I particularly liked this one from his write up:-

"Liverpool felt they were denied a penalty when Sadio Mane tumbled under a challenge from Nicolas Otamendi in the first half, although the striker also inadvertently made contact with his own leg as he shaped to shoot after escaping the City defender with embarrassing ease."

Tba9YFv.png

Apparently knowing how to use quotation marks are no longer a requirement to be a BBC journalist, as evidenced by this fabricated quote on their home page.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.