Summer Transfers

I think Pep would like to have him but the club will see players as good as him being attainable at much more reasonable prices.

Levy will look at what we paid for Stones and demand a record fee for a full back so you would be talking about reaching the £50m mark.

I think we can get 2 top left backs for in around £50m-£60m, maybe less if the players we are interested demand to join us.

Well either Grimaldo or Gaya will cost around €50m due to their release clauses. I'd like us to sign a top class LB with one who could be used in an understudy type of role.

Well either Grimaldo or Gaya will cost around €50m due to their release clauses. I'd like us to sign a top class LB with one who could be used in an understudy type of role.

Release clauses mean very little though.

Ronaldo has a 1 billion release clause but if you offered Madrid 500m they won't turn it down without seriously considering it.

If you offered Benfica £30m for Grimaldo he will be sold, same with Valencia for Gaya.

The likes of Benfica can't freely turn down £30m bids down for a fullback.

I don't think Gaya will be that much. We have a good relationship with Valencia and practically giving Mangala away to them

210317122634.png

So You bench our 2 best players this season?

We are not getting Wiegl either. Bit I like your purchases though. Except Wiegl. I think he'll cost more than double his actual worth. While not average, I don't think he is special either. I'd rather have isco or Dahood at a fraction of the cost.

So You bench our 2 best players this season?

We are not getting Wiegl either. Bit I like your purchases though. Except Wiegl. I think he'll cost more than double his actual worth. While not average, I don't think he is special either. I'd rather have isco or Dahood at a fraction of the cost.

That's my preference, not who I think we'll get. Like you said, I can't see us getting weigl either but I'd love it if we do. As for silva, I wouldn't bench him but he can't play in every game at his age so he'll have to rotate with someone as effective going forward as him...whether that be isco or whoever we get.

As for dahoud, I'd take him in a heart beat. I think his contract runs out next season so he'll be cheap.

One thing looks certain, we're lowering the age of the squad dramatically. Does this mean next season is another transition period whilst we gain experience? Pep looks to be building a team (based on links) to peak in 4/5 years. Will he stay around that long?

That's my preference, not who I think we'll get. Like you said, I can't see us getting weigl either but I'd love it if we do. As for silva, I wouldn't bench him but he can't play in every game at his age so he'll have to rotate with someone as effective going forward as him...whether that be isco or whoever we get.

As for dahoud, I'd take him in a heart beat. I think his contract runs out next season so he'll be cheap.
Yeah. I think he'll be a great pick-up on the cheap. Better squad player than the likes of Yaya, Fernando or Delph. And at this rate, probably better than Dihno too for next season.

One thing looks certain, we're lowering the age of the squad dramatically. Does this mean next season is another transition period whilst we gain experience? Pep looks to be building a team (based on links) to peak in 4/5 years. Will he stay around that long?
Young good players are just good. Experience is with those you retain: Silva, Dihno, Debryune, Ota, Kola, Gundogan etc

Release clauses mean very little though.

Ronaldo has a 1 billion release clause but if you offered Madrid 500m they won't turn it down without seriously considering it.

If you offered Benfica £30m for Grimaldo he will be sold, same with Valencia for Gaya.

The likes of Benfica can't freely turn down £30m bids down for a fullback.

Offer Valencia €30m for Gaya or €50m and we'll chuck in Mangala!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.