Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the penalty i thought he had a decent game. He can't cut it at the top level anymore but he gave absolutely everything today and did a good job. He's had a lot of stick this season and whilst it's frustrating that we've neglected to upgrade the fullback positions, that isn't really his fault.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if Clichy performs well between now and the end of the season. There will of course be a lot of 'shop window comments', but in his time with us he's always looked considerably better when given a run of games, and I thought that he looked sharper and hungrier yesterday. I suspect he'll now be given that run in the coming weeks and show a marked improvement in form and consistency.

anyone else see that cringeworthy handshake he did in the tunnel with breeze block (milner) before the game? as for his performances, it's nothing less of what we should expect from him he has always been average and always will be.

He costs us far too many goals through individual error. Failed to push up, then got outmuscled by Theo Walcott for the equaliser. Been saying for ages we'll improve hugely defensively with a new left-back alone.

He costs us far too many goals through individual error. Failed to push up, then got outmuscled by Theo Walcott for the equaliser. Been saying for ages we'll improve hugely defensively with a new left-back alone.
That may well be true but i cant fault the lad for effort and heart,one or two others,with more ability,could learn a thing or two from him in that department.

One must beware of anyone who is stupid and diligent -- he must not be entrusted with any responsibility because he will always cause only mischief.

- Kurt von Hammerstein

He has arguably over stayed his position at City for at least 3 seasons now, but my word this season has he been poor.

Like Yaya he is a City legend but time to move on.

When it matters most, you can always count on Clichy to fuck up and cost us a goal.

He's three years past his sell by date and the fact that Pellers and Pep gave him any game time at all is astonishing , an absolute liabilty and i cringe when i see his name on the team sheet , he did OK for his first couple of seasons but he should never pull on a blue/orange/maroon/pink/purple city shirt again , his positional mistake today was compounded by the fact he didnt even make a decent challenge as the last defender , f*cking waste of a shirt number now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.