What if we struggle next season?

If we didn't sack Pellegrini why on earth would we sack Pep?

I think people forget just how directionless we were last season.

I don't give a fuck what we win or don't win as long as I can see a clear vision and identity on the pitch and that is what is developing. He is instilling some passion again but it's going to require patience.

You have answered your own question. They finished above us last year and currently on course to do so again spending a fraction of what we have done. The spending does not really bother me but I think it does give people a false expectation of how good the side is rather than reflects a poor recruitment policy.
This season isn't over yet so league positions are supposition and not worth stating, my point remains City won the league cup last season and finished top 4, so why be so categorical Spurs are better than City when they clearly aren't.

Impossible levels? No. I think the majority of fans' expectations are in line with those of our owners. For the amount of money we've thrown at the problem we are underachieving.

Pep will give us 3 years of his time and I hope in years 2 and 3 we see some significant results (at least one PL title and a CL final). We should allow him the time to complete his experiments. If he doesn't deliver then I would hope that the owners will find a manager who is less idealistic and can instil a defensive mind-set, work rate and winning mentality to go with our financial clout. This would be an unbeatable combination.
If Pep doesn't deliver we could be in a weaker position as a club ...that will make it more difficult to find a quality manager or players...If Pep does deliver we will be in a strong position as a club to replace him with a high quality manager....City need to make the next 2 or 3 years count...our financial clout now depends on Sponsors/CL qualification/League position that's tied in with how the Pep project ends up.

there is no way we will struggle next season. only the officials can stop us. although we've been off it this year if you count the decisions and red cards we've faced we've done ok overall.
next year we will make the bent refs academic.

This season isn't over yet so league positions are supposition and not worth stating, my point remains City won the league cup last season and finished top 4, so why be so categorical Spurs are better than City when they clearly aren't.

Only you have said Spurs are a better side than City. I have said they have outperformed us the last two seasons based on finishing above us last year and being 7 points above us this year. So far they have.

Anyway the main thrust of my point was we overspend on players which leads to people believing the side is better than it is which leads to a unrealistic level of expectation. Case in point being John Stones who's transfer fee (second highest in history for a defender) is not matched by his onfield performances (not his fault).

Last edited:
All the haters saying 'Fraudiola', let's see what he does in the summer and next season. He's inherited an ageing squad, fingers crossed we buy well in the summer and destroy those haters next season. Cnuts!

Only you have said Spurs are a better side than City. I have said they have outperformed us the last two seasons based on finishing above us last year and being 7 points above us this year. So far they have.

Anyway the main thrust of my point was we overspend on players which leads to people believing the side is better than it is which leads to a unrealistic level of expectation. Case in point being John Stones who's transfer fee (second highest in history for a defender) is not matched by his onfield performances (not his fault).
I didn't say Spurs are a better side than City because I don't believe they are, you stated they have outperformed City the last 2 seasons so I naturally inferred you thought they were better than City. I don't think they have outperformed City by finishing 3rd when City finished 4th bearing in mind we won the league cup. John Stones has made some costly errors early into his fledgling City career but he is improving and given time and patience will prove his worth.

I didn't say Spurs are a better side than City because I don't believe they are, you stated they have outperformed City the last 2 seasons so I naturally inferred you thought they were better than City. I don't think they have outperformed City by finishing 3rd when City finished 4th bearing in mind we won the league cup. John Stones has made some costly errors early into his fledgling City career but he is improving and given time and patience will prove his worth.
And the points given to them at both matches in both seasons by referees. Clattenburg gave them 6 on his own.

Spurs are a good team with different qualities, that's why the league is so interesting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.