What if we struggle next season?

I thought Vinnie's performance was remarkable the other day. His ability to come in and perform at that standard after so much time out is a testament to his ability and mental strength. Not the first time he has done it.

So long as he is at City, I will hope for him to stay fit...
It was remarkable. He hasn't had enough credit for that. I am hoping he gets to lift the Cup at Wembley, that would be a reward for what must have been a very tough 12 months

One aspect this summer will determine everything next season: recruitment.

We get that right and all of Pep's tactics fall into place.
Last Summer was the first time in a while our transfers paid off - largely. I keep thinking it will be easier to buy defensive players, but we've been buying a central defender every season, and only Stones has worked out so far.

I'm surprised we haven't given Bravo another chance. If the man can do it for Barcelona and Chile, why on earth can't he do it in the Premiership. has to be in the mind. Perhaps Guardiola has a plan we don't know about, and to be fair Willy has done well.

I'm remaining positive about next season. I think, for the most part, Pep has improved nearly every player on an individual level. De Bruyne hasn't scored as many, but he's been creating chances in a different role to last season. Silva has maintained his level. Sterling, Sane, Stones, Kolarov - have all improved under him and Fernandinho is another who has remained excellent. Jesus looks fantastic and will also develop under Pep.

We'll clearly buy a couple more attacking players, particularly if Aguero is deemed surplus to requirements. Defensively we need to improve but you know whoever we do buy, Pep will be able to improve them if they have the right mentality. He can't do much with Zabba, Sagna and Clichy because of their age. Getting a top quality centre back in and new full backs will instantly make a difference. It's then just that pivot position in the midfield and we'll be able to turn these dominant performances into wins.

I've always had the view that if you're creating chances, dominating possession and generally being the better team you'll end up clicking at some point and getting the results. It's when you don't create things you have issues. You can build a team based on a solid defence and look to get 1-0 wins but eventually other teams will just play for the draw and you'll lack the ability to break them down through remaining too defence orientated.

We have been brilliant at times but it's the final touch/pass/ball letting us down and it's a poor pass in midfield or a lack of concentration or goalkeeping/defensive error costing us too often at the back. That will end as soon as personnel capable of implementing Pep's play come in. A couple of additions and we'll not concede so easily whilst still creating a shed load. We'll then win games.

If next season is as a bad as this I will seriously consider being pissed off.

It's been 3 years of not winning anything major in addition to being flat, promising but then uninspiring, frustrating, brilliant at times but then dire the next game....

I dont mind the not winning as much as the frustration of an under performing team
How did you feel from 1976 to 2011? If we win a trophy that'll be 4 in 4 years!

Seems a particularly strange point to make when he wears clothing as mandated by a club sponsorship deal. The club has sold the rights to what he wears on the touchline, so to then complain he's not representing the club...

He should just come out with it straight and say he wants Mancini back rocking that stripey scarf!

There will be a positive if our season is just as bad , (champs league football and another visit to wembley what a disaster) maybe the tossers who post all the negative shite in the matchday and post match forums will f*ck off and take their glory hunting , plastic , remote control holding mates with them and leave our club to genuine supporters who do not think football was invented in 2012.
Tub thumpingly rousing but contextually lite and supporter definingly incorrect. No doubt some will think you're the Bard himself though.
To answer the OP - buckle up - the third year will be the one Pep gets everything in place. Providing of course we secure Champs league this year.

Last edited:
it was 1966 for me , Johnny Crossan was my hero we had so much success between 68 and 72 i must have been one of the original glory hunters.

I must have been with you in the Kippax.

When I moved up to Manchester (Cheadle Hulme) City were in the second division and captained by silky smooth Johnny Crossan.

Following City home and away AND trying to find a party we could crash on a Saturday night took up the whole of my social life.

We never really thought about the Scum or the Scouse mob in those days. We were the top dogs.

Biggest regret was having to move south for work, followed by marriage and kids and a long spell in the dark football wilderness.

JJ

The team will be entirely different next season but the league will remain competitive for a long time to come and if there is no progress from this season then it would be as a result of many issues that will become apparent then and that will be speculated upon. But as of this moment I think every evidence indicates that next season will be a progress from this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.