What if we struggle next season?

Ok so just to be clear them terms are acceptable but 'plastics' isn't?
I think you have to look at the context. This guy is a deluded self acclaimed super blue. I think his words were nasty and somewhat aggressive. Don't think any other poster,deluded or realistic,have been that way.

If next season isn't an improvement on this season, then it would have to mean that our summer recruitment strategy had comprehensively failed. It beggars belief that we will upgrade our defence and not improve. Just the addition of a couple of quality full backs should make a major difference. So, in the very unlikely eventuality that we do not improve, the club would need to look at more than the manager.

We will improve, regardless of how good the recruitment is. Get the recruitment right and it could be a huge leap forward.

Other teams will improve as well and there are lots of variables involved so nothing guarantees trophies; although I do think we will win the league next year if the recruitment is right.

I think you have to look at the context. This guy is a deluded self acclaimed super blue. I think his words were nasty and somewhat aggressive. Don't think any other poster,deluded or realistic,have been that way.

Oh it's context, I see.

Is the word hypocrite acceptable?

yeah, the last paragraph was my own personal dig as i like managers to be on the touchline representing the club, wear a scarf, a club coat, a training top or a club blazer. he just looks like a bloke who has popped out for a bottle of milk and stopped to watch the local team before he heads home.

Picky i know, dont think he did it at Bayern either, just gives the impression that he's not in it like we are. To me.

Absolutely pathetic.

I'm not surprised though, since I remember the comments you used to make about young Raheem Sterling which were pretty disgraceful.

I don't think 3rd and an FA Cup would be underperforming with the players we have but it is underperforming with the money spent. I don't think much of the latter can be blamed on the manager as its been a problem for a few years.

Apart from Stones,non of our defenders would get into the side of another top 6 team. The full backs would struggle to start for teams playing mid and lower mid table.

Players like Kompany, Zabba, Yaya, Clichy, Kolarov aren't even close to the level when we won the league and the new players we bought in mostly aren't close to being as good as that older guard was.

We seem sorted in the forward areas now but keeper, defense and defencive mid is not even close to being title winning level.

I've seen enough this season to know that when that back line is sorted we'll be the top dog again.

I'd also point out as well that major game changing decisions went against us in home games involving the top 4 and we would surely have won them all of they were correctly called. These decisions stopped players from scoring goals and being at least clean through. Chelsea also had the huge benefit of not being in Europe as well.
I agree with all apart from Kompany. His contribution this season has been next to nil, but he doesn't seem to have lost his ability to defend and lead the team. He could yet be a big player for us again.

I agree with all apart from Kompany. His contribution this season has been next to nil, but he doesn't seem to have lost his ability to defend and lead the team. He could yet be a big player for us again.

I thought Vinnie's performance was remarkable the other day. His ability to come in and perform at that standard after so much time out is a testament to his ability and mental strength. Not the first time he has done it.

So long as he is at City, I will hope for him to stay fit...

One aspect this summer will determine everything next season: recruitment.

We get that right and all of Pep's tactics fall into place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.