What if we struggle next season?

Spurs are a better team than City at the moment. Their superior defence gives them the edge.

Spurs are a better team than City at the moment. Their superior defence gives them the edge.
Hate admitting it but I think you may be right. Alderwiereld has been the best cb in the league for me this year. Shame we never went in for him when he left saints. Their fullbacks are better than ours as well.

Case in point being the 47.5 million spent on Stones, who could not get in Everton's side last year and performance level this year is way down in comparison to other centre halves.
That would be the John Stones who played 33 out of 38 league games averaging over 84 minutes per game for Everton last season. 2 missed through a knee injury and 3 'not in squad' for an unknown reason?

Or are you referring to a totally different John Stones?

Hate admitting it but I think you may be right. Alderwiereld has been the best cb in the league for me this year. Shame we never went in for him when he left saints. Their fullbacks are better than ours as well.
Looking at Southampton the other day, both of their full backs would get straight into our team

I'm a massive pep fan.
But if this time next year we were in the same position do you think Pepsi job would be under threat.
Been having a heated discussion with a bloke at work about it.
He thinks we would sack him.
I say we wouldn't.
What 'if' shit was rice pudding ?
Would we ever go hungry ?

While that may be true, the fact we are just a few points behind, matched them so far in the cup and performed better in the C/L, with the ageing backline we all know will be improved in the summer. We should be confident for next year as I dont really see who Spurs could get to improve their first eleven, thats if they keep hold of everyone.

When Khaldoon hired Txiki he was effectively putting all his eggs in the Pep basket. The whole club has been tailored to Pep's specifications since 2013.

There's no way we'll sack him, no matter how badly we do next season. I can envisage Pep wanting to walk if things go wrong but even then I think the club would move heaven and earth to keep him.

Rightly or wrongly (wrongly in my eyes) we've placed our mid to long term term future in his hands to the extent that it would be nigh on impossible to steer the ship in another direction without unprecedented upheaval.

That would be the John Stones who played 33 out of 38 league games averaging over 84 minutes per game for Everton last season. 2 missed through a knee injury and 3 'not in squad' for an unknown reason?

Or are you referring to a totally different John Stones?

Classic response. Go back to bed frank

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.