Match Thread - Chelsea V City (2nd leg FA Youth Cup)

Mod note.

I see this game,being available to a wider audience,and some of the usual suspects......it has descended into the usual nonsense frequently seen in the main forum

So,discuss the game,but do it without abuse,thank you.

Lets try and keep a little perspective here, while many of them are very gifted technically they still have a long way to go, they were up against a side who embrace the more physical aspects with the size and bulk to go with it (And no little skill either).
But these are the games they learn from most, as do the coaches because they can see how they handle different things you dont get when your thrashing teams like stoke and red shit.

Over the two legs Smith has impressed me the most, brave, times his tackles well, good reader of a game with an eye for the right pass, Muric in goal may be disappointed in tonight but more than enough evidence of a f*cking good keeper of the future (And yes, far better than Bravo already), Foden continues to show class but not his night, not least because of the physical attention he got with little help from the ref.

Some disappointment that a few did not show their full potential, but disappointed for them and not at them, as individuals we have some exceptional talent for the future waiting in the wings.

Lambs to the slaughter.
Power and Pace destroyed us. We need more power and pace ourselves to be honest.

This is their advantage though, so it is disingenuous of you to say these players will become adults and have difficulty transitioning into man's football because the other players will be the same size. Chelsea's policy of finding genetic freaks, then developing their technical skills is very valid in terms of producing talent for them. Look at Mbappe, only reason he is successful is because he is also a genetic freak.

Mbappe genetic freak, wtf does that even mean? He's incredibly talented,

Mbappe genetic freak, wtf does that even mean? He's incredibly talented,
I'm embellishing of course, but I'm referring to tall, strong, fast people like Sane. Mbappe is similar, in the sense at a young age he built up to an amazing physique.
Obviously he is talented, I never refuted that, but if you want some of the best players possible, you want players with the physical aspect and technical aspect.

I'm embellishing of course, but I'm referring to tall, strong, fast people like Sane. Mbappe is similar, in the sense at a young age he built up to an amazing physique.
Obviously he is talented, I never refuted that, but if you want some of the best players possible, you want players with the physical aspect and technical aspect.

Isn't average height of premier league player around 6ft? We were poor and naive last night. Questions should rightly be asked as given investment at this level that was embarrassing.

One aspect of our play in both legs that I didn't understand was how often we stood off and allowed Chelsea players - especially Hudson-Odoi - to run unchallenged into good shooting positions around the edge of our own area. We also seem to be slow starters in these big games, from memory it was much the same last year, Chelsea out of the blocks quickly and City taking 15-20 minutes to wake up.

I think the physical difference between the two sides is being overused as a reason for the defeat, Chelsea simply pressed so much better than we did in both legs and were very organised, they looked a well-drilled unit.

Maybe not Muric's best game last night but with little protection from the defence he still kept the score down with 3 or 4 decent saves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.